cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one whole week without proper service !

a_mumtaz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi, i switched to public mobile last week and i still have partial service on my phone! I am able to make phone calls, send and receive txt messages but unable to use my data and receive incoming phone calls. I posted earlier asking about whether there was a backlog at pm, but there seems to be none. How come none of their reps have been able to get in touch with me or respond to my private msgs regarding this issue :S I have some very important calls coming, can someone please help me resolve this issue??
9 REPLIES 9

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @tom2016,  

Can you please PM me your Public Mobile # if applicable and the # you want to port? 

Thanks!

tom2016
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, i switched to public mobile last week at Friday. My phone is not working at all. What I am having is "Public mobile here your phone has not plan - no call, no text ...

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have send you PM one of my problem realted issue ...

@Shazia_K Can you please please take a look into this?.

Much appreciated 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @a_mumtaz

I'm sorry about this, 

The reason why you are having all this service issue is because your port request has failed to complete since the 10th of November the day you requested the port and this is because your line is not active with the provider. 

You now have two choices: 

1- Either temporarily reactivate your account with the previous provider in order for the port to go through.

or 

2- Pick a new number with us.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

which kind of phone you using ... if its LG G4 ...you will have no choice but to factory rest this.

I had the same issue and had to rest mine.

Good luck

a_mumtaz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have already gone through all of the steps for the APN settings and still nothing.. 😞 

strange thing is the 4G LTE sign shows but the data doesnt ACTUALLY work!

SnipaJay
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Seems like a partial port which would generally be fixed by the mods (who have a bit of a backlog right now) but if you haven't already; you can check the APN settings 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-setup-data-and-APN-on-my-Andr...

marissa19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With a lot of people signing up and having issues with the discounted plan, I believe they are quite swamped right now. They do suggest trying the SIM card in another phone as well. You can get more info through the 'Get Help' section at the bottom of most pages.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately only the moderators can assist with this, the community cant help.  i suggest following up again, and maybe this tag will help.

@Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.