cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number port not working

GKnee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

signed up for an account yesterday, ported number from Virgin, people are not seeing my ported number when texting yet. What gives? I'm trying to run a business!

7 REPLIES 7

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GKnee - Is it me or is Virgin not authorizing any port-out requests? There has been WAY more Virgin ports to Public Mobile not being completed. I've been with Virgin before and porting to my 2nd account on PM I had to re-initiate the request TWICE from PM's end for it to work finally. Hope it works for you! 🙂 

@GKnee 

You have 2 options to check then.

- Call Virgin to confirm your account is closed.

- Call 1-855-4PUBLIC and check to see if the status of your PM account. If it is Subscribed/Activated then it is a backend issue.

DriiP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ports can take anywhere from 30 minutes up to 3 hours to fully go through. Just give it a little bit more time if it doesn’t work after 3 hours contact @CS_Agent 

HI @GKnee 

check with Virgin first before you call PM porting team

Virgin might be ok to get the port done with your verbal approval.  After you confirmed with Virgin, call PM porting support team to reinitiate the port request

GKnee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't have the virgin sim anymore

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@GKnee  I’ll send you the porting  team number private message . Give them a call they can give you status update on the port request or re trigger it if needed 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@GKnee 

Check to see if your Virgin SIM is still working. If it still works then porting is incomplete but due to not confirming with YES that you are porting over to PM within the 90 minute window.

If the old SIM stopped working then DM a CS_Agent to investigate if it is an backend issue which can be easily corrected or to restart the porting process again.

DM at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.