cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new activation but my phone says unregistered sim.

frontline
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Account is good and I have tried all advised help actions.  Help!

14 REPLIES 14

@frontline wrote:

Shouldn't PM send me a new Sim?

@frontline -if it is, in fact, a SIM issue and Public Mobile customer support agents already checking your account setup on their end...did you submit a ticket to inquire about this yet?

If nothing is wrong with your account, then sure tell the agent you are in communications with that you obtain the SIM from them, and if it is faulty you would like a replacement, OR a credit on your account in the amount of the price of a SIM card that you could pickup local to you.

frontline

Shouldn't PM send me a new Sim?

frontline

came from pm

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@frontline - have you ever had any working services on this SIM Card before, OR is this is a brand new activation with no services yet?

New or ported over number?

Before obtaining a new SIM card, if you got charged for an activation, I would ask the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team to check on the account first. At least, rule out it is not an account activation issue; since you will go through this whole rigmarole again if it is the account and not the SIM Card.

Two ways to contact CSA found here:,

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

edit, typos

14ALL41

@hairbag1 wrote:

@frontline wrote:

it did not

I switched sims and this new public sim does not work in either phone

If you're in the GTA, get a sim from 

The have curbside pickup or promise FAST mail delivery. Also much cheaper than ordering from PM.

GTA is big area. Gas will cost more to get to that store than 'free shipping' and few days wait.

But if somebody in hurry, then yes - go personally!

Definitely sounds like a faulty sim - CCS is a great suggestion for a new one

@frontline wrote:

it did not

If you properly activated new SIM and it does not work in either phone, it has to be SIM issue. Where did you get it from? PM? Other retailer?

thangam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The sim might be damaged try going to the store you picked it up to look for a replacement,

@frontline wrote:

it did not

If all else fails..get a new sim. If you're in the GTA, get a sim from ....https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/public-mobile-multi-sim-card-3...

The have curbside pickup or promise FAST mail delivery. Also much cheaper than ordering from PM.

It's possible the sim is NFG. If you have access to a known to be working PM sim...try that in that phone.

frontline

it did not

If you have another unlocked phone...try it there to see if it works.

frontline

my phone.  i had another public account on this phone.  worked fine prior to new sim/ account

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Is this a new to you phone perhaps ? Check to confirm if it's unlocked and not reported as stolen and blacklisted somewhere.

edit...

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.