cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new account

horatio_lynn57
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my husband is bed bound so I need a cheap phone for him and I would like to change my server so we can both be on the same plan. I do not need internet just talk and text. I have a iphone 8 and wpould like to still use it. could you tell me how I go about this? Plus we have no car and live in Rodney ontario , is there delivery service for his phone and then both p

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@horatio_lynn57 

Spend some time here in the community to see if Public Mobile the right provider for you and your husband. Public Mobile is all online and a DIY kind of place so if you don't mind learning how to manage your mobile account and services and become rather self sufficient when it comes to your phone then you will like it....its empowering to know how your phone and services work and not be at the mercy of a technician or a customer service agent. There is a great community here that can help you solve almost any problem. If its a problem that requires account access then we send you off to contact customer support.

What's the budget for the phone for your husband? Will you be using home wifi/internet service? Public Mobile doesn't have the greatest deals on phone's so a few more details on his needs would help because there are cheap crappy phones and good solid what a great deal phones that will last much longer and be easier and more enjoyable to use.

If you order a phone from public mobile it will come with s free SIM card. If you order an activation bundle from Canadian Cell Supplies it will come with a free SIM card and 20% off the first month. The SIM card will arrive in 2 or 3 business days and then you contact the owner to activate the SIM card for you. He is very helpful and will always try to give you any extra promos. Since mobile data is not a concern the $15 plan is probably best with $5/500min add on if needed to supplement the plan.

You can activate your husband first and just reach out to a community member via private message and ask for their referral code for the $10 bonus referral credit. Once he is activated you log into his account and use your husband's referral code when you activate. For simplicity take a temporary phone # and make sure all your services work....then you can port your number in....keep your current account active once you port your number in your old account automatically gets cancelled.

Each step along the way come to the community and ask questions. Check for promotions. Seek advice. The more knowledge you gain the better user experience you will have....

Welcome to the community!

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I would second the Canadian Cell Supplies option both as it is much cheaper and will get to you quicker. PM does have a CPO program (certified pre-owned) phone where you can get a decent deal. If all your husband needs is a really basic phone you may be able to find a cheap flip or basic smartphone for a good price online elsewhere and get it delivered as well. Or a good deal on Kijiji (you would just have to ask for them to meet you) Once you get that you can get a basic $15 plan or if you want a little data you can do the $25 plan.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Each PM account is separate; there is no family plan at PM. Each account has to be associated with One unique email. Email aliases can be used so email go into same mailbox. If you need more detail regarding email aliases, let us know.

You have to get new SIM card. Order either from PM or any other retail outlet. CCS offer good value for new SIM and sometimes offers nice promotion for Public Mobile.

Here is the steps to be taken:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

- Purchase a new Public Mobile SIM card. You can order it from PM or any other retail outlet. Currently CCS (https://canadiancellsupplies.com/) has great offer for Public Mobile (free SIM, 20% first month). Walmart offers free SIM with activation in store.

- If you want to activate service by yourself then get just SIM.

- Have a payment card ready, either a Canadian credit card or Visa debit

- Decide what email address you wish to use on the Activation Portal – each account has to have unique email

- Seek a referral code from a friend or relative who may have active PM service - this will save each of you money. You can ask for referral code here if you care to receive $10 sign up bonus. Person providing referral code will receive 1 point as long as you are PM’s customer.

- Start process of creating PM self-serving account and enter all relevant and required information

- Click activate at the top of this page

Need Help? Let's chat.