cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my plan suspended

grinandbearit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Been on the same $10 plan for years on autopay. Accumulated many gigs/minutes of gifts/bonuses and yearly discounts off the price. PM took out my usual payment on april 28 and then promptly suspended my account a few days later. Apparently in their new price increase they neglected to mention that they would be revoking all accumulated perks and starting you back at square one.  Is this how PM was supposed to do the price increase? Wow! I was expecting a $3 increase to come along but not this!!

So who am I supposed to contact to look into the way my account was handled? There is no simple 'If you need to contact a moderator this is how you do it....' on the main community page. There really needs to be something better up on the main page to guide people having issues.

Anyways, was the above account handling supposed to happen in that fashion or was I just lucky....

20 REPLIES 20

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@grinandbearit 

This is only the second rate hike in "recent" pm history. The previous attempt a 25% rate hike of $10/30 days of the fall 2016 promo in February 2018 was cancelled the following day after a huge uproar and 1400+ complaints filed with the CCTS. However all customers affected were all informed via text message within a couple of hours and the demographic of those plan holders made them far more tech savvy and engaged than $10 plan holders who mostly use the $10 plan for occasional use or an emergency plan. 

Notifications were much more haphazard for the $3 rate hike spread out over the course of a week, either by text or email or not at all. Pm has also violated their own terms of service that are already extremely favourable to their benefit. Since this rate hike has been surreptitious in nature and targeted to a more vulnerable group of customers holding pm/Telus to abide by the purpose of the Telecommunications Act of Canada is vital to maintain ethical standards and prevent further price gouging in the industry in Canada where the big three rake in the highest profitability in the world.

Trying to increase profitability off those who can least afford it is shameful at best.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

self solution removed and reassigned

grinandbearit

Yes, we did receive the text message and thought autopay would do it's thing and take care of the increase. I did put in a ticket and complain to PM about what happened but nothing back yet.

Aha, just received your pm re the CCTS. Thanks. I'll check it out.

If this is common practice with PM maybe more action is required to make them take notice. Not good business practices in my opinion.

Community_QA: The keyword is "effectively".

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

oh no @dust2dust . let me check my account to confirm

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@grinandbearit 

Did you recieve a text from 5129 or an email notification of the price increase? Customers have not been properly notified of the this $3 price hike. Additionally as you have discovered some customers also suffered an autopay failure when autopay only charged $10 for renewal a known glitch that pm has never bothered to fix and as a result of how they programmed the rate hike to occur has contravened the WCC when it comes to suspensions along with their own terms of service. You have every right to complain to pm and the CCTS. I will private message you with further info should you choose to protest this unreasonable and unjust 30% rate hike.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

Community_QA

what are you talking about? he won't loss the loyalty reward!!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah you should keep the rewards but now you lose 3 years worth of loyalty as it offsets the 3 dollar bump which is kind of a bummer

Community_QA

happy your service is back

@grinandbearit  usually people do not pick their own as the solution. I think other suggested you the $3 difference 

grinandbearit

That's a good idea. I think I'll do that.

@grinandbearit    You need to add another $3 (price increase amount) to your account and then click the Reactivate option to activate the account.  It seems like autopay may have failed and that's why you now need to top up with the $3 since you have a balance of $10 on account.

Make sure to clear browser cache/cookies and use incogntio mode or another browser before logging into the account.  Reboot the pone afterwards too.

Edit:  @grinandbearit   odd but I didn't see your post saying that you added the $3 and got the account activated when I was typing mine.  Glad you figured it out.

grinandbearit

Thanks Meow. Saw my stuff is all back and good to go....well, except for the 30% extra 😀

@grinandbearit   

Yes, they increased the price to $13 but their system wasn't programed to take the extra $3 yet.  I hope they will have the issue fixed for next month

I suggest you to open a ticket with PM to tell them what happened and tell them you are not happy, I think they should do something to compensate your lost of service since April 28

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@grinandbearit wrote:

Apparently in their new price increase they neglected to mention that they would be revoking all accumulated perks and starting you back at square one. 

I do not believe PM will remove all your accumulated reward due to $10 Plan price increase.

You are still under the same plan just 30% more expensive...

grinandbearit

It looks like PM, instead of taking the $3 from autopay, suspended the account. I just manually paid the $3 and the account is active again. Seems, to me, like they need to work a few glitches out of the system.

It also looks like all my bonuses/rewards are there again so they weren't all swooped away.

Thank you to all who responded.

grinandbearit

The payment that came out on the 25th of the month was for the usual $5 + tax.  It is like they completely disregarded the fact that it was autopayed a couple days before and this is what I see on my account. You can see I still have a $10 credit sitting there as well as autopay still set up.

• Your plan expired on Apr 28, 2022.
  • Top up before Jul 27, 2022 or your account will be deactivated.
  • Current Balance: $10.00
  • Amount Due: $3.00

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@grinandbearit   your plan is currently suspended?  Can you check your transaction log in Self Serve My Account as well as your own credit card to confirm if PM took $10 or $13 from your credit card?    There was another customer in such a situation.  If PM only took $10 out of your credit card, you might need to top up extra $3 to reactivate your plan.  Or post us a screenshot of your transaction history 

Community_QA

@grinandbearit wrote:

Apparently in their new price increase they neglected to mention that they would be revoking all accumulated perks and starting you back at square one.  

Not true.  Your rewards will all stay the same.  Only price increase, they didn't take things away

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@grinandbearit  - we are all customers like you here on the forum.

Perhaps lodge a complaint to CSA.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA), by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.