cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my Iphone 8s accepts calls, but I cannot hear anyone - why is this?

JerryP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just bought an Iphone 8s from PM, phone fine, but when someone calls me I cannot hear anyone. Can you help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I believe you have 30 days to return it if it is indeed the device. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JerryP wrote:

Just bought an Iphone 8s from PM, phone fine, but when someone calls me I cannot hear anyone. Can you help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

If the above suggestions don't cure the problem...try plugging in the earbuds. Just to see if that aspect works.

Keep us posted.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JerryP  - can you try calling them and put them on speaker phone to see if you hear them this way?

Also, ensure you have the volume turned up on your phone, push that top button up continuously on the side of your phone until the moving bar moves up or to the top.

Some troubleshooting, try:

• restart your phone
  • remove and reinsert your sim card
  • perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@JerryP 

If your phone is indeed broken…here is the return/repair/warranty information.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/phone-warranty-returns-repairs

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JerryP 

Check your settings. You may gave enabled blue tooth, mute, volume down or other similar settings. Report back what you have checked and we will see if it's something else.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Need Help? Let's chat.