cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming calls

terryc43
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have recently had my number ported from another carrier.I can make outgoing calls but when my number is dialed I get a not in service message

6 REPLIES 6

JL9
Mayor / Maire

It should be complete by now, if you got the text it means your old sim was in and as long as you responded YES within 90 mins you should be good. Where did you port from? Sometimes it may take up to a day to complete but very rare

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@terryc43 

Did you reboot your phone by holding down the power button and power off?

Try that and see if that works.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@terryc43 

Did you reply YES to the PAT within 90 minutes of receiving it? Was your account active at the time of porting?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

terryc43
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I did at 11.30 am today

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@terryc43 

Porting takes a couple of hours to complete. Did you get the confirmation text from your old carrier to say that you wanted to port your number to PM. You would have needed your old sim in your phone.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@terryc43  - if this was a port from another cell provider, did you accept the SMS text old the old provider's SIM card?

If you did, great. Restart your phone and perhaps perform a reset of your network settings (not a bad idea to do when changing providers).

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, or if you missed the SMS text, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.