cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visiting Outside Canada

ndiqbal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I am planning to visit outside Canada for around 4 months and will not use my Public Moblie SIM is there any way I can stop paying for my current plan during my visit and keep my number unchanged.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Looks like you will have to pay for at least one 30 day plan if you are gone for 4 months (to keep your #) unless you have one of the old 90 day plans that still has awhile to go before renewal in that case you can do so without paying anything

JL9
Mayor / Maire

or if you have one of the conditional 2GB data bonuses

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ndiqbal 

If your account will expire after 3 months so you need to continue to pay on a plan if you want to keep your number.

As others have noted, $15/month is the lowest priced plan and you will need to use AutoPay while you are away.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ndiqbal   Just a reminder that if you opt to change plans to the $15 (if you're not on that already?) and are on a grandfathered plan, you'll not be able to get back to your original plan and will have select from PM's available plans when you return.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ndiqbal   You can try this

@adela1  You can do the following

1. Before your trip, logon to My Account,  Change your Plan to $15 and click "Change on the next renewal date".  DO NOT click on Change Now

2. Disable Autopay but make sure your credit card still on the system

3. At the end of the current cycle, PM will not be able to get the renewal amount.  Your account will then be suspended.  It will be suspended for 90 days.  Make note of the end of your current cycle date and add 90 days to it

4. the 90 days after is the absolute date you need to come back reactivate date or you will loose your number.

5 You will need to come back on the 85th day (a bit earlier before the 90th day just in case), and reactivate the plan.   Since you have changed to $15, you will need to just make a manual payment of $15.  Make sure the payment goes through successfully.  Refresh  My Account and make sure you see the status changed to Active. 

6.  If any problem like you cannot reactivate on the 85th day, come back to the Community and seek advise or open ticket with PM support immediately.

7.  You plan will be activate for a month.  Since autopay is still disabled, at the end of that month, it will be suspended again

8. Then it will be around time you are back in Canada.  Before you reactivate the plan, make sure you change your plan back to your original plan, then reactivate by making the proper payment

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ndiqbal , you can remove auto pay so that the account will go into suspension.  Provided that the account does not stay in suspension for more than 90 days you can restore the account to active status.  

Need Help? Let's chat.