cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming calls not working

France4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was with other company and switched to Public mobile. I am now unable to receive calls. It goes straight to voicemail. Help me please

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@France4 

Re calls going straight to Voicemail, try these fixes:

• ensure airplane mode is not enabled
  • ensure do not disturb is not enabled
  • ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list
  • disable any call-forwarding features/settings
  • turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers
  • remove and reinsert your SIM card
  • reset network connections

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @France4 

did you reply YES to a text from your old carrier within 90 mins?

Maybe it was a stuck port.  There is a team you can talk and get a confirmation if porting completed, I will message you the number.  Please check Community inbox 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@France4 - have you restarted your phone since you activated?

Did you also respond with 90 minutes of activating your public mobile SIM Card with your Rogers SIM Card in your phone to approve the SMS text?

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@France4 , when you submitted the number port, did you confirm the text message sent to your old services?  You need to agree to the number transfer from the sending side.  Also, it can take a bit of time for the number transfer to complete.  If this number port was submitted not too long ago and the port was confirmed, a bit of wait time might be necessary.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@France4  And you just ported over to pm did you respond yes to confirmation text ? If so I’ll send you port team number private message 

Need Help? Let's chat.