cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone SE 2016 to iPhone SE 2022

Glutenhab
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Looking for the exact process & order to follow when switching my Public Mobile SIM Card from my 1st generation iPhone SE to my new unlocked 3rd generation.

I assume it should be pretty strait forward but want to do it right the first time. (Should I switch the SIM before turning the new phone on…etc.?)

Also, will the old SIM Card (over 6 years old) let me access 5g or do I need a newer card?

5 REPLIES 5

Glutenhab

Thanks.

All good. I have taken out my SIM card dozens of times and placed in different phones. I go from my iPhone XR to SE2020 to my Cat S22 and even my ArtFone flip.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Glutenhab 

Just physically move the physical SIM card from the old phone to the new phone.  It really does not matter whether the phone is on or off when you switch the SIM card. You many need to reboot your new phone after insertion of the SIM card. 

The old SIM card will allow access to 5G network.  No need to "upgrade" SIM card. 

Glutenhab

I assumed that, yes. Just want to make sure of the process (exact order of doing this) & wanting to make sure I am not missing something or doing/not doing something before I start the process.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Ummm...  you know you can just take out the SIM card and place it in the new phone without doing anything right?

Shut down both phones, take out SIM card out of 1st Gen, place it in 3rd Gen and restart your phone. It's pretty straight forward. You shouldn't have to really do anything. I'd suggest doing a factory reset on the 3rd Gen so everything is fresh.

Need Help? Let's chat.