cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

have a new sim card and phone it wont let me switch

jaminpublicsuck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

there is loads of info on if you switch to pubic and how to enter your sim yadaa yadda BUT if you want to put in a new sim card and new phone there isnt an option for this it will not allow you to enter your new info unless you create a whole new account with different name and email why so dumb why or am I just dumb for trying to use public 

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jaminpublicsuck - are you just replacing a phone? If so, remove your old sim card out and move it into your new phone. Remove or adapter outer adapters as needed.

esjliv_0-1633259841786.png

OR, are you trying to replace a lost or damaged SIM card on your existing account?

If so...

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

If issues with your My Account, click here to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

OR, are you trying to activate a whole new account with a new SIM card? Sim cards that have already been used on closed accounts cannot be used again for another account.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jaminpublicsuck @This needs to be done on a computer not mobile and you can sim card swap quick link in the profile tab 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile has web page cache issue so you might be looking at obsolete status. Click on little spinner refresh icons lower down. Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

Need Help? Let's chat.