cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extremely slow 5g in Osoyoos BC

geoffp1138
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm still seeing extremely slow 5g connectivity in Osoyoos, BC.  Less than a megabit in some instances. Why is it so slow? it's basically unusable for downloading apps, working on a vpn or anything else i want to do. 

5 REPLIES 5

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geoffp1138 

From what I can surmise by looking at the cell tower maps is Telus has yet to complete the 5G infrastructure (mobility) in Osoyoos and surrounding areas. The promised investments in your area has a completion date of 2026.

I think Telus's "5G" coverage map in Osoyoos may be for fixed wire internet for the time being? This article may give you some insight?

https://www.telus.com/en/about/news-and-events/media-releases/telus-investing-$1-million-in-osoyoos-...

Perhaps @sheytoon can explain better with their professional expertise.

geoffp1138
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To be clear, this isn't a new problem, it's been the same for months . Rather than speculation maybe a Telus tech can reply as to why it's so consistently poor around here. Elsewhere it's fine.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geoffp1138 

Try switching to 4G LTE in your settings.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@geoffp1138 

There was a report of wildfires in Osoyoos. I would assume that the cell towers were affected.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Someone else mentioned having slow data today, not sure where they are located.  It could be a local problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.