cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow cellular data

Joce4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I recently became a customer of public and I have the plan of 4gb of 4g data, and my samsung is a 4 g phone. However for the past couple months my data has been horrible even when I have 3 or 4 bars of cell, so I started looking into it on my phone and in network modes it only gives me the options for up to 3g?! So now I don't now If I should upgrade to a 5g plan to get faster speed? would that work at all? Or are there some settings I need to change? I can't seem to get anysupport?

7 REPLIES 7

Joce4

Ya I have 4 g, do u have suggestions of what app monitors cellular data I just tried a few different ones and they all will only do internet? I got 1 reading from 1 that had 0 for my upload and download and very small number for ms? But I think thats wrong? 

I travel pretty often and my data is bad in all citys im in in alberta and quite a few city's in bc,

Rastin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

5g is overkill for most people needs for a cellphone. 4g should be good enough with max speeds of 150Mb.

When running speed test what speeds are you getting? Also the A14 has 4g and 5g models do you know what one you have? If you got it off Amazon it's probably the 4g model.

Try speed testing when you are out in different areas. Could be your tower is just overloaded as phone companies like to oversell there Capacity in some areas.

@Joce4 

is your phone showing 4G or LTE on the top of the screen?

there are different region variant of A14, may I know what exact model is that?  Go to the phone Settings > About and check the model 

and also, try "Reset all networks" first, then download Speedtest and test and please post us the speed result 

Joce4

No other apps are using any sort of data that I can see in my data usage break down, and I mentions in my other reply my data seems to be so slow that it wont even use 1gb per month when it's on all the time and I'm trying to use it, won't load any Google browsers of anything it always crashes and says it can't load 

Joce4

I have a samsung A 14. It's connected to LTE but at extremely slow speeds. I have no other apps draining Data, i have left my data on all the time and I barely can even use 1gb in a month because I won't send online messages or even search anything in chrome? One of my other family members has the exact same model of the phone, and her data works perfectly fine as it's with a different carrier of 4g. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

So you never see your phone connect to 4G or LTE? What phone do you have? Is it a North American phone?

Don't upgrade your plan necessarily, as the issue is likely with the device, not the plan. All plans can connect to all networks with a capable device.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Your data is limited to your phone's speed and your plan speed. Dependent on your phone model if it cannot support 4G then you will be moved down to 3G. Try to see if there are any other apps that are using data in the background that are causing your data to be slowed down.

Need Help? Let's chat.