cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM linked to phone number

JArnold
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported my number to Public Mobile but the eSIM doesn't appear to be working. Under "Cellular" it says "Add eSIM", then "Use QR Code". Also under my Primary number there is no "Network Selection".  It's on "Automatic"  but it's blank.  I have data but can't call or text. 

My account shows I have an eSIM (number displayed), purchased when I subscripted to PM.  Since this one isn't working, should I just purchase another eSIM ($5)? If I do, how is the new eSIM linked to my current phone number? Will it still  try to link to the first eSIM that isn't working?

I need an eSIM that links to my current number.

5 REPLIES 5

JArnold

This worked. They reimbursed 

hi @JArnold 

supposed to be free. You can ask support agent for money back  🙂

JArnold

It worked when I purchased a new eSIM for $5.60.  I kept my old cell # and I was able to call and text again.  After I purchased (and installed the eSIM), I had to turn my phone off and on again but at least I have it back.  I'm going to ask PM for a reimbursement for having to purchase a new eSIM

JArnold

THanks.  Will it automatically link to my current phone number?  Is the old eSIM disabled or not selected or.....?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @JArnold 

yes, you can get a new , replacement one for free

just use the app, go to Account page and click Purchase sim card and follow the steps

Need Help? Let's chat.