cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone here file a complaint against Public mobile with CCTS?

chch518
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

does anyone here file a complaint against Public mobile with CCTS? because PM refused to give $25 bonus from Oct 2022. 

I emailed 5 different agents back forwards, it still  is not solved. Last ...

Public mobile sent me a text msg: 

"

Public Mobile here. Unresolved complaint about telecom or residential TV service? CCTS may be able to help. 1-888-221-1687 or www.ccts-cprst.ca. To learn more about your rights as a wireless consumer and to view the consumer checklist, visit https://www.publicmobile.ca/privacy-legal. Free msg.

"

chch518_0-1667912775495.gifchch518_1-1667912804308.png

44 REPLIES 44

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've had great difficulty recently with public mobile, you can see my thread, look for $25 refer a friend promotion terms and conditions, posted yesterday updated today, (I don't know how to link it here).  I can say that the $25 refer a friend promotion makes no sense as far as a customer being ineligible for a second promotion within 5 months of the first one. They should state that loud and clear.  In my mind a promotion ends when you are no longer able to enroll in that promotion not 5 months later when all the payments have been made. And if I already made use of the refer a friend promotion why send me an text within a month inviting me to the next one?

Public Mobile works great if you don't have to get support. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

My answer is NO.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As per your other post, you gained the referral outside the promo period. You go the referral Oct 13, promo started Oct 18 and previous promo ended Sept 30th.

Edit: Threads merged it seems

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

According to your posted screenshot, you made the referral before the promo started. (October 13 is before October 18, and after September 30th, so neither promo was active.) See it from the mod's perspective. You are asking for 5 days adjustment, that is reasonable, I am sure. It's less than a week, you jumped the gun a bit and got a referral before you knew about the promotion, had you known, I am sure you would have waited. Sure, Public Mobile staff could include you, let you have the promo anyway despite not qualifying for it. but how many days outside the promotion period is too many to consider? 7, 14? 30? 365? Out of fairness 1 day is already too many. Promotions have start and end dates for a reason. September RAF was already closed, October RAF had not started yet. I don't see why you would report them to CCTS for not making an exception for you. Should I report them to CCTS for not making an Unlimited 5G Data, Worldwide Calling/Text for $1 a year for me? Next time wait for an active promotion to make the referral if you want to take advantage of the promotion. They come up fairly regularly so odds are low that you would need to wait that long.

@chch518 

Not yet, I got one new referral in October, but no credit yet.  

chch518

unhelpful above.

nobody answer my questions directly

@chch518 

I remember reading a post by @darlicious about a similar issue. 
She can shed more light on your result with the glitchy website.

chch518

thx, I meant the new one from Oct 2022 starting...

not the previous ...

@chch518 

On your other post, you said you were trying to make a complain saying they decline it, wasn't it?

I was in the earlier $25 RAF promo, Aug or Sept I forgot, and I got mine Nov payment last week.  I think they pretty much pay all the $5 RAF payment on the same day.

chch518

Has anyone received the first $5 credit ($25) for the Oct 2022 RAF promo?

I have NOT  got it in Nov. 2022.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@chch518   What was the reason for them declining your $25 friend bonus?

That $25 friend bonus is confusing, in terms of the eligible time period

I received my "October" promotion on Oct 18, not sure if that means the eligible period is from Oct 18 to Oct 31, if that is the case, maybe that is the reason?  Your referral was on Oct 12

To be honest, PM has to be clearer with the offer period

@chch518 

Other members have had similar issues. Keep on trying and maybe ask for supervisor..

@darlicious was able to successfully get the credit applied.

Here is the thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/September-RAF-5-Credit/td-p/887420

chch518

how to fight for it in my case? any idea ?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@chch518 PM sends those out a few times a year as do other providers. I believe they are required to do so. If you are unhappy with something that falls under the purview of CCTS, contact them.

Need Help? Let's chat.