cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do I loose my rewards or add-ons if I change my plan ? - will my 4G phone work on a 5G plan ?

Gregory281
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm currently on the $40 15GB 4G unlimited Canada plan. I would consider the "upgrade" to the $39 50GB 5G unlimited Canada/US plan.  My questions are:  #1. would I loose my rewards points ? (I would obviously loose my US minutes add-on)  #2. Will my current 4G phone still work on a 5G plan? thanks ...

(a quick "yes to both questions" and a name to follow-up,  is all I need right now to make my decision, thanks ...)

2 REPLIES 2

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Gregory281 it looks like a lot of the current plans on offer are set to expire Aug 29 (just 3 days from now). If you can hold off until then PM should have some new offers. If you go into the PM app have a look under "Manage Subscription" to see what's available to you right now and then what's available after the 29th

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gregory281 

#1 no you won't lose your rewards points.   What US minute add on you have? the Long distance calling minute to US? you won't lose that too, it will still be on your account

#2 Yes, your 4G phone will work on a 5G plan.   5G plan is just about speed, it has a top speed of 250Mbps.  Your 4G phone can still access PM's 4G network and can have a top speed of 200+ Mbps

Need Help? Let's chat.