cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection

JLY
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid Public Mobile for service on March 25/23. I filled in all the appropriate data and lined up my debit visa for regular payments and they took my payment out right away. the last step was the SIM card. so I place the SIM card in my phone. I then received a message from Koodo asking for a yes no no response as to whether I signed up with Public Mobile or not and wanted my phone number transferred. I responded Yes but it never went through. I then realized that I should have kept my Koodo SIM card in my phone until that had been taken care of, but it was too late. I have been trying to get answers for public Mobile as to what to do but to no avail. The bottom line is that I paid for this service March 25 and still do not have any service and went to a koodo office and they hooked me back with Koodo. Can you help me. At his point I have a Koodo SIM card in my phone.

9 REPLIES 9

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JLY 

Great that it is working for you now. Since PM is all online...patience is key. 

JLY

Everything seems to be working now. The number that was transferred is now listed on the Public Mobile sim card. Where as of 15 minutes ago there was another number listed there but now everything is as ordered  Thank you so very much for all your help !

@JLY   so , if you call yourself from another phone, does your PM sim card ring?

JLY

Called the Telus porting issue phone number and had my number transfered and it worked for the first use but now has changed to another phone number with an area code of 438. Now what should I do. I cannot believe all the issues I am having?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JLY 

Yes you have 90 minutes to reply to the text with YES. As others have indicated, you need the CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you but keep the Koodo SIM in your phone since it still works.

After you replied to the text, your Koodo SIM will continue to work until porting is completed…this could take about another 90 minutes.

@hycm53 wrote:

@JLY Send private message to custom service for help:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please remember that customers need to be using the chatbot to open tickets.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@JLY wrote:

I paid Public Mobile for service on March 25/23. I filled in all the appropriate data and lined up my debit visa for regular payments and they took my payment out right away. the last step was the SIM card. so I place the SIM card in my phone. I then received a message from Koodo asking for a yes no no response as to whether I signed up with Public Mobile or not and wanted my phone number transferred. I responded Yes but it never went through. I then realized that I should have kept my Koodo SIM card in my phone until that had been taken care of, but it was too late. I have been trying to get answers for public Mobile as to what to do but to no avail. The bottom line is that I paid for this service March 25 and still do not have any service and went to a koodo office and they hooked me back with Koodo. Can you help me. At his point I have a Koodo SIM card in my phone.

Please open a ticket to contact a Public Mobile customer support agent.  This is done through the chatbot at:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Whatever you do, do not contact the Telus/Koodo/Public porting department. They will not be able to help.  If they do help you and complete the number port, you will once again be without your phone number because the number will be transfered again to your non-working Public Mobile account. You need Public Mobile to first fix the no service/provisioning issue.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@JLY 

You will need to initiate the port request.  

Either contact customer service agent by submitting service ticket. 

However, for porting issues, I will private message you the Telus team porting phone number. Check your private message inbox (envelope icon on upper right corner of website).  

Edit: ignore this suggestion. Follow computergeek's  recommendation.  

Need Help? Let's chat.