cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service

AlaKa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why do I have to put + for toll free numbers and 1 for local numbers? It has started a month ago? Anyone else has this problem? If I don't do it, it tells me that the call can't be completed as dialed. How do we reach anyone who can fix this and yes, I rebooted the phone and took the sim card out.

6 REPLIES 6

Pop_Eye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I put +1 on all numbers in my contacts  that are LD  and more so if I call that number while in that city...so no 1 in the way of not accepting the number dialled. You can’t go wrong with +1. 

AlaKa

I will contact them, thank you.

@AlaKa 

Dialers on some phones will actually add the 1 for you automatically and it could be the reason why one phone works and not the other (if you are using different phones)

you can try to open a ticket with PM support and ask them to reset the account for you.  Another member just confirmed support was able to resolve the issue:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Long-list-of-problems-with-PM/m-p/969238/...

AlaKa

Well, it used work no problem and suddenly it requires 1 or +. Funny that my husband has the same provider and his phone works as it worked before. The future doesn't look very promising...

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Some areas require +1 some do not. Nothing PM can do about. Welcome to the future...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Oh! + in front of toll free. Interesting. I wonder if that would use minutes on limited minute plans.

The 1 is modern times. Just change your contacts and dial the 1 when manual.

Need Help? Let's chat.