cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clarification of add-on plans

loggerman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have almost used up my 100 minute maximum on my plan, so I am wondering about adding some minutes.

I see the International Bonus plan that is free, but I presume that is only if the recipient of the call is in another country.

There is this plan: 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance - $5.00

But does that only cover long distance calls, or does it also cover local calls?

Tks, AB

16 REPLIES 16

loggerman

Hi, just a note to thank all of you for such informative (and quick) feedback. Jenni and I are so very pleased to finally find a cellphone service that is reasonable for occasional users!

Cheers, AB

@mekbool  the free holiday 400min international calling add on can be used for within Canada calling, calls to the US and to the ĺimited international  countries on the list. If you are on the $15 plan....the only one that has a limit of 100 outgoing calls this add on can be used for additional calling if plan minutes run out before renewal. It is recommended to purchase the $5/500 min add on to supplement the $15 plan as the minutes are $0.01 vs $0.04 /min with the free holiday add on.

mekbool
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

400 mins will cover Canada calling as well from within Canada. 

@CannonFodderWhen it comes to calling minutes add ons  they are clearly defined so will be used in dissending  order when plan minutes or long distance minutes are used:

$5/500 min Canada wide calling

$8/200 min US/Canada calling

$15/400 min US/international calling

@darlicious wrote:

@loggerman  All add ons do roll over each month until finished. You may want to consider purchasing the $5/500 min. add on before you run out of plan minutes. If you would occasionally call overseas or to the US then saving the free 400 min add on($0.04/min) and using the $5/500min for all cross canada calling ($0.01) is more economical. Then when you run out plan minutes it will use the cheaper add on first and only use the out of country minutes when you need them. They could stay for 10 years if thats how long it took for you to use them. Of course if you never expect to use them for that purpose then just let them supplement your plan minutes.

Hmmm, that's a great idea!!! 👍   That never occurred to me! Not that I make that many calls anyway, and very rarely to the U.S., but it might be a good idea, that when getting down to the last 50 - 100 mins. of that 400 mins. freebie, to THEN get the $5/500 Canada-wide add-on, and then have a reserve of minutes for that rare U.S. call.

You're completely sure the Canada-wide minutes would be drawn down BEFORE the freebie 400 mins., for any calls made within Canada? 🤔 

@loggerman wrote:

Hi, thanks for that, now we know.

When you say "PM network won't work for anywhere else", do you mean it won't work in any country except Canada and USA? Mexico?

I suppose the answer would be to buy a sim card in the country you're going to? Assuming your phone can use the country frequency band?

Regards, AB

It will not work in Mexico. Besides Canada here is where it would work with a USA add-on.

Your U.S. coverage will include all 50 states, plus Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. So, whether you are travelling to the snow-capped mountains in Alaska or to Hawaii’s sunny beaches, we will have you covered.

For other countries you can download textnow app. You'll get a Canadian number in your area which is free over wifi to call/text Canada and USA numbers. People can also call/text you on that number and when you're not connected to internet they can leave you a voicemail.

Or as you said get a local s for the country you're visiting.

loggerman

Hi, thanks for that, now we know.

When you say "PM network won't work for anywhere else", do you mean it won't work in any country except Canada and USA? Mexico?

I suppose the answer would be to buy a sim card in the country you're going to? Assuming your phone can use the country frequency band?

Regards, AB

@loggerman wrote:

Hi, that's very interesting, what a great deal. And the roll-over minutes is how it should be, they are, after all, our minutes.

But we're wondering about the 400 free international minutes. Does that mean we are covered if we are in the USA calling back to Canada (or in USA calling USA)??

Regards, AB

Nope...the 400 minutes of International calling add-on only works when the call originates in Canada.

For use while in US...PM has the option of a 10 day US Roaming talk/text/data package. You'd be able to call Canada or most numbers in US for the 10 days while you're in US.

PM network won't work for anywhere else.

loggerman

Hi, that's very interesting, what a great deal. And the roll-over minutes is how it should be, they are, after all, our minutes.

But we're wondering about the 400 free international minutes. Does that mean we are covered if we are in the USA calling back to Canada (or in USA calling USA)??

Regards, AB

@loggerman  All add ons do roll over each month until finished. You may want to consider purchasing the $5/500 min. add on before you run out of plan minutes. If you would occasionally call overseas or to the US then saving the free 400 min add on($0.04/min) and using the $5/500min for all cross canada calling ($0.01) is more economical. Then when you run out plan minutes it will use the cheaper add on first and only use the out of country minutes when you need them. They could stay for 10 years if thats how long it took for you to use them. Of course if you never expect to use them for that purpose then just let them supplement your plan minutes.

loggerman

Hi, wow, I didn't realize those minutes roll over month to month until you use them up...even if it takes several months or longer!

Cheers, AB

@loggerman wrote:

Hello, ok, thanks for that, it certainly is great to know the free bonus covers all calls. We are newbies to the system and we're just getting used to it.

We tested it by placing a short call, monitoring it in the web interface. And it just added a minute to our 100 free call area.

So does it continue to use up our 100 free area until the max is reached? Then it switches to the bonus area and starts tallying that?

If so, I am really super glad we switched providers! I can buy a nice car with the money my wife and I are saving.

Cheers, AB

Any domestic call minutes will come out of your regular calling plan first. If you get to your max, then the 400 minute add-on will take over.

Once you've used the free minutes, consider getting the $5 for 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. Those minutes roll over month to month until you use them up...even if it takes several months or longer.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Both plans cover Canada wide calling, obviously including local. Be sure to get 400 minute plan and 1g, both free for a limited time, expiring soon.

loggerman

Hello, ok, thanks for that, it certainly is great to know the free bonus covers all calls. We are newbies to the system and we're just getting used to it.

We tested it by placing a short call, monitoring it in the web interface. And it just added a minute to our 100 free call area.

So does it continue to use up our 100 free area until the max is reached? Then it switches to the bonus area and starts tallying that?

If so, I am really super glad we switched providers! I can buy a nice car with the money my wife and I are saving.

Cheers, AB

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

The 400 minutes free holiday add on will cover you to make calls. While in Canada to Canada numbers.

Here's where u can call with that.

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

You could also get the $5 500 min Canada wide but I'd suggest to just use your 400 free holiday minutes first.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@loggerman  You can use the 400 LD for calls within Canada, US and all the other countries on the list. The 500 minute addon for $5 is  also a great choice and is highly recommended for limited calling plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.