cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot make phone calls

mommajoyce
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Suddenly today I cannot make phone calls...i can recieve and send and recieve msgs but no outgoing calls.

tells me to add a long distance addon even though i am calling provincially as usual.

tried my sim card in another phone and same issue there so its with my account not the phone. any help please? been dealin with this all day

20 REPLIES 20

@darlicious wrote:

@mommajoyce 

Seems an old bug has returned to users with provincial calling plans. The temporary fix pm used in the past was to add a complimentary Canada wide long distance add on. You can ask the moderators to add the $5/500min for free....it should be granted without hassle. For anyone who cannot wait for a moderator  can purchase the add on and ask for a credit once they have submitted a support ticket. There had been no official response to this "bug" as of yet. See below for more background on this issue.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/RESOLVED-Select-customers-on-Province-w...

Public Mobile has been informed of a possible glitch involving province-wide calling plans.  I'll try to see if I can find something out.

@mommajoyce 

Seems an old bug has returned to users with provincial calling plans. The temporary fix pm used in the past was to add a complimentary Canada wide long distance add on. You can ask the moderators to add the $5/500min for free....it should be granted without hassle. For anyone who cannot wait for a moderator  can purchase the add on and ask for a credit once they have submitted a support ticket. There had been no official response to this "bug" as of yet. See below for more background on this issue.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/RESOLVED-Select-customers-on-Province-w...

mommajoyce

waiting for mod team to get back to me with help

@kb_mv 

I think the OP has already done that.

@mommajoyce 

Moderator response time has been pretty fast today. Did you contact them via private message? Simple simon gets priority these days.

@mommajoyce 

The moderators probably need to reprovision your sim card. I wouldn't recommend doing this yourself via lost/stolen because the glitch is back causing your rewards to not apply upon renewal. if you don't mind waiting for the mods then I would do that.

@mommajoyce wrote:

i did that a couple hours ago, no help yet so i came here. i have taken the sim out , restarted both phones. the issue follows my simcard

Try contacting a moderator with the options posted above.

mommajoyce

I have a feeling it is going to come down to an issue with the provincial calling addon as well ... public mobile side

mommajoyce

i did that a couple hours ago, no help yet so i came here. i have taken the sim out , restarted both phones. the issue follows my simcard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Something might have crawled out of the wood work with the old provincial calling. There was someone with the same problem earlier. Not sure there was a resolution there yet.

@mommajoyce 

Try the following:

• Reboot phone
  • Reset network settings
  • Put in airplane mode, take off and reboot
  • Take sim card out for a few minutes. Put back in and reboot.

If still no luck contact a moderator:

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is the easiest)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

mommajoyce

sure can! can send and recieve txt msgs and calls come in. just cannot make a phone call to any numbers at all. it is trying to force a long distance addon!!

@mommajoyce I think you will need to contact a moderator.

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve. Follow prompts.

@mommajoyce wrote:

my phone always has a 1 in front of all numbers

its something from within my account somewheres. like i said it follows to my husbands phone. we both have had public mobile a long time. my self serve account is 100% fine. I am not calling long distance but the system thinks i sure am

Can you receive calls?

mommajoyce

my phone always has a 1 in front of all numbers

its something from within my account somewheres. like i said it follows to my husbands phone. we both have had public mobile a long time. my self serve account is 100% fine. I am not calling long distance but the system thinks i sure am

@mommajoyce wrote:

self serve is all ok. paid in full no changes there for months.

it wants me to call 611 and add on long distance addon for my local calls.

Can you try putting a 1 in front of the number?

mommajoyce

unltd provincial calling

unltd international texting

mommajoyce

self serve is all ok. paid in full no changes there for months.

it wants me to call 611 and add on long distance addon for my local calls.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Do you have limited or unlimited minutes ?  If you have limited then check your account if no minutes appear then it means you have used them up.  You can purchase an add-on for $5/500 minutes which will remain in your account until they are used up.

Try dialing 1 in front of the area code.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mommajoyce :Can you start by telling us what plan you are on and also login to your self serve tell us if anything wrong show up there?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@mommajoyce wrote:

Suddenly today I cannot make phone calls...i can recieve and send and recieve msgs but no outgoing calls.

tells me to add a long distance addon even though i am calling provincially as usual.

tried my sim card in another phone and same issue there so its with my account not the phone. any help please? been dealin with this all day

Can you log into self service and see what your account status is? Is it Active?

Even though your messages work you might be doing that over wifi.

Need Help? Let's chat.