cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting in a new number after activation

jensom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I port in a new number after activation, will I lose any of my data or add-ons?

2 REPLIES 2

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jensom 

Have you activated yet? If no you can port in upon activation or afterwards. The exception to this rule are phone numbers from pc mobility and koodo prepaid as they need moderator assistance to complete the number transfer.

Porting in after activation can be achieved within your self serve account. Place your old sim card back in your phone so you will be able to reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes of recieving it. You can then place the pm sim card in your phone and wait for the port to complete within a few minutes up to a maximum of 2 hours.

Include the following info when you make your porting request:

1. Full name on your "old" account.
  2. The account #.
  3. Phone # to be ported.
  4. Alternate phone #. (Optional but can be a landline, work, family, friend's #....it also serves as an account identity verifier.)

If you encounter problems you can contact the moderators or the telus porting department if we cannot advise you here.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jensom wrote:

If I port in a new number after activation, will I lose any of my data or add-ons?

@jensom   No, your data add-ons stay with your account and plan changes or porting numbers don't affect them.

Need Help? Let's chat.