cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i transfer my koodo post paid numer to public mobile in ontario

AddyAsh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

can i transfer my koodo post paid numer to public mobile in ontario?

13 REPLIES 13

kcorscadden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would always go physical SIM just for ease of use.  If you want to change phones, it as simple as pop it out of one and into the other.

I came from Koodo less than a week ago and the process was very simple.  Went to the local Telus store in the mall, bought 2 SIM cards (1 for me, 1 for my wife). 

- Keep Koodo SIM card in phone during activation
- Downloaded the PM app and create/log in to account.
- Go through each step carefully 
- It will eventually ask you if you want to port your # or get a new number.  Choose port in number or do it later, up to you.  I ported both numbers right at activation.
- Enter either the Koodo account # or your current phone's IMEI
- A text will come in from Koodo asking to confirm the port. Type YES
- From there, you can take the Koodo SIM out of the phone and insert the PM SIM.
-  After that, reboot your phone when prompted and that's pretty much it.

AddyAsh

Thanks hTide. Appreciate your advice!

AddyAsh

Thanks Handy. Your advice makes lot of sense. I will go for a physical sim. Appreciate your advice!

AddyAsh

awesome. Thanks hTide. can I use e-sim service or need a physical sim card?

@AddyAsh  Yes you can use eSIM if your phone is compatible . But I prefer physical SIM card easier to charge to new device with eSIM you have to re buy it each time you want a new device . Or if you accidentally delete . I strongly encourage you to stick with physical SIM card instead . But choice is all yours of course 

HI @AddyAsh 

postpaid is easy, just request porting during activation

after you completed the PM activation, keep the Koodo sim card in the phone.  Koodo will send you a text and you need to reply YES to approve the port.  Only remove the Koodo sim after you have completed that

Welcome to PM

AddyAsh

I have got post paid koodo for now

AddyAsh

Thanks. Can I use their e-sim service or do I need to have physical sim before activation. 

HI @AddyAsh 

get the PM sim card from Telus  or Koodo store

then download PM app and start 

if you hvae Koodo Prepaid, you will have to pick a new number and ask agent to manually port in the number

if you have Koodo Postpaid, you can directly ask to port in the number during activation.  Please provide Koodo account number and phone number

@AddyAsh  Once you have SIM card in hand download the PM app and activate the sim . You can port number in during activation or afterwards choice is yours . Just remember to leave Koodo sim in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port 

AddyAsh

Thanks Handy1. May I know the process? I have already made an account with PM.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @AddyAsh 

yes, no problem at all.. both Koodo and PM uses the same Telus system, easy switch for them

but question, you are Koodo prepaid or Koodo postpaid?  different steps to transfer

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AddyAsh  Yes 100% you can , no worries 

Need Help? Let's chat.