cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I get a new number

yuju
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated Public Mobile with eSIM yesterday.

I used to use PhoneBox (Rogers) before.

However, I was told that to transfer my number from PhoneBox, I need to cancel the activation before signing up with the new carrier.

I'm not sure how to cancel it. 

In this case, if I've already activated the service but the number transfer hasn't been completed, can I still get a new number?

7 REPLIES 7

yuju
I want to keep using my current number. However, I've already activated Public Mobile before applying for number porting with PhoneBox. PhoneBox says I need to cancel the activation with Public Mobile before I can proceed with number porting. So, it seems like the simplest solution would be to get a new number, cancel PhoneBox, and move forward. 

HI @yuju 

are you trying to change to a new number? if you request change to new number, it will be in effect immediately.  

But if you want to port in from Phonebox, it will take some time, depends how fast PhoneBox sends you the sms to approve

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @yuju, it takes a bit of time but its usually pretty fast. You will likely receive an SMS on your old number to confirm the change.

yuju

Will my number change immediately once I request it, or does it take some time for the change to happen? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @yuju 

Phonebox was fooling you.  You don't need to cancel the activation here. you can simply port the number

call PhoneBox and ask them the account number if you have not provided PM yet.   If you provided Phonebox account number already, then call them back and them them they have to help with porting or they are not following CRTC guidelines

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@yuju  Yes in your account like this . Note you can change your number up to 4x in a billing cycle for free 

Change # on profile tabs

Handy1_0-1701110139550.jpeg

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey @yuju,

If you've already activated Public Mobile with an eSIM but haven't completed the number transfer from PhoneBox, it's advisable to reach out to Public Mobile's customer support for guidance on canceling the activation or switching to a new number. Customer support will be able to provide specific instructions based on your situation.

You can submit a ticket to a customer support agent using this link: CS Ticket Submission. Explain your situation, including the need to cancel the activation or consider a new number due to the ongoing number transfer process.

It's crucial to address this promptly to avoid any complications in the activation or number transfer process. Customer support will guide you through the necessary steps based on your specific circumstances.

Need Help? Let's chat.