cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Subscriber Switching Account

Abbottc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I subscribed a 5 G plan but want to switch to another plan. There is no way on the website or APP to do it as I haven't received SIM card yet to activate the plan. What can I do? I don't want to miss the Black Friday Deal.

7 REPLIES 7

Thanako
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think the only way to switch plans, would be after you have completed your activation, which means when you get your SIM card..  I'm guessing that the only other way, would be to sign up with another email account, and not complete the activation on the first one.

Edit.. a little late on the reply, never seen everyone else.. Lots of good suggestions.  I guess technically you could also sign up again and pay for another SIM card under a new email. 

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Abbottc,

I had the same similar experience so here's some advice, coming from what I did.

First, you absolutely need the SIM in-hand in order to do anything. If your account is not fully activated, CS can't make changes. Now, after you have the card, don't activate it yet. Contact Customer Service and they will ask you for the sim card number along with some other details, they can then activate your desired plan, hence change it to the Black Friday deal.

You can submit a ticket to a customer support agent using this link: CS Ticket Submission.

I hope this helps! If you would like to be absolutely sure to guarantee getting the Black Friday Deal, I personally went ahead and bough it in person at Telus. It's unpleasant that you have to buy a SIM twice but I think it is the way to. Good luck! 🙂

Hi @Andy85 

that won't work.  And OP probably does not want to wait till next cycle. 

Since OP's sim card not activated yet, another member confirmed it can still be changed, with the help of CS agent

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I believe that’s for people who already have a active plan with SIM cards.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Abbottc ,

Do you have the option to change your plan on renewal? If not, you will need to submit a ticket to Customer support as previously mentioned.

Nov 27 - 1.jpg

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Abbottc 

if you have not receive sim card yet, you can still switch plan, with the help of CS agent.  

please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I’m not sure there is anything you can do as you don’t have your SIM card yet but you can try speaking to a Public Mobile CS agent. Please note that the wait times are longer then usual.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.