cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buying additional data as needed and carrying it over from month to month

em70
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, is there a way to buy extra data ad-hoc and carry it over from month to month in Canada?

For example if I want to buy 5Gb  of data today and use it as an overflow protection when I run out of my monthly data. 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@em70 

Do you have a grandfathered plan or a promotion tied to your plan that you don't want to lose? If not you can schedule a plan change on next renewal if you anticipate the need for more data than your current plan has and vice versa you can schedule a change to a lower data plan. If you do choose a higher price plan to change to on your next renewal it would be prudent to add the funds for the new plan a day or two ahead of your renewal in order to avoid an autopay glitch that may cause your account to be suspended because auto pay charges your payment card the lesser plan amount of your current plan.

Alternatively if you're not worried about losing a promotion or a grandfather plan you can change plan immediately if you need more data as it may be more economical to do so if you require more than 1GB of add on data.

I'll add ons at Public Mobile with the exception of 10-day US roaming add-ons are one time purchases that do not expire. They roll over every 30 days until completely consumed and then they will disappear from your account.

@em70 wrote:

Is there a bigger addon than the 1GB for $15? 

@em70 

1GB for $15 is the largest add on. You can buy multiple add ons though if you wanted to.  

1GB is the largest add-on ever offered.  They are supposed to be used to cover for the odd overage otherwise the way to go is pick a plan that comes with enough data.  It's not economical to consume add-on data all the time.

em70
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there a bigger addon than the 1GB for $15? 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Add-ons (except US add-ons) do Not expire.

You can but it today and use next year (unless PM changes policies).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@em70 Yes, you can 

All add-ons , except roaming add-ons, are non-expiring.    So, add-ons always stay on your account until all used up

So, you can buy extra data add-on and let it sits there to be used when regular data are used up

But please note that data add-ons is not cheap, 1GB for $15

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@em70 hi yes you can do that, your data add ons carry over until all used up it can stay there for years if you don't use it much also it is a one time purchase 😁

Need Help? Let's chat.