cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"0$ undefined - undefined." For new plan starting soon.

AdamC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am switching to a new plan on October 31st however the plan details disappeared and now it only shows "0$ undefined - undefined." Am I going to run into issues?

I think the plan was limited time only though I also forgot the details.

25 REPLIES 25

AdamC

Just wanted to update. After having my ticket transferred three times I was eventually told that the plan would be honored at renewal. It was suggested I wait for them but I opted to renew early anyways.

Thank you to everyone for their advice and thank you to Christopher from Public Mobile for clarifying everything and helping me out!

HI @dust2dust 

Yes, the system was far from perfect. 

And  you are correct, their sole interest is to take money, they should at least make sure the Autopay part the system is bulletproof, LoL

@hTideGnow- Why must there always be a fight? Why can't they make a bulletproof system? Why aren't they able to make software that works reliably, predictably, properly? Then it goes wrong on the customer and no it's the customers fault. How many customers throw up their hands and stomp off in disgust at that interaction with those people who are representatives and the mouthpieces of the company. Maybe they take the time to come here and squawk about it just to vent. We do all we can to suggest other things. Maybe they calm down and try to ask again. Why the heck should they?

The worst of the worst around here is their appallingly bad money-taking system. Why do so many people have it so hard to give their money to a company whose sole interest (same as any company) is getting money from customers? That should be the number one smoothest easiest most predictable part of the whole enterprise. Not here.

Anyway...I'm not nearly as bright and cheery about the place as some might be.

HI @dust2dust  give them credit for handling this nicely in the end.  A bit of fight , and glad OP came and ask and not just leave it and accept the "fate"

@computergeek541- I typed - $55 - in the search box and found some things. This customer somehow ended up on an 8gb plan.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/promo-plan-not-activated/m-p/886095

Another one reported a 6gb plan.

Others got the undefined.

Others were unceremoniously simply removed.

@hTideGnow- Colour me skeptical and cynical. I have very little faith in how upstanding this company is.

HI @deepblueglass   glad it has a good ending

I am glad to see that Public Mobile still care, still care about the contracts, the policies, the past practices

There is really  no need to make any complain to any "CC" organizatoins  🤣

@dust2dust wrote:

Great update. Please take a screenshot of that reply for your records and for others to be able to use if you would be willing to share and help for the future.

I think the company should honour all immediate requests from those wanting that plan. All the way up until 30 days after the new plans came out and that plan was removed. So 11:59pm eastern Nov 3rd. That plan should be available on request until then because of this. Then of course fix the scheduling problem anyway.

That would provide some clarity so that anyone who has scheduled a change from another 30-day plan won't have any further difficulties, but there are also customres who may want to switch from 90-day plans. Interestingly enough, Lucky Mobile released a better plan (more data) for the same price not long ago.

@deepblueglass wrote:

A manager got back to me and she said they will honour $55 20GB plan for me but I have to contact them one day before the scheduled plan change date.

I told her the community is confused with this issue and there are more people going through the same issue and some people's plans were even reverted back to their old plans without any notifications.

She confirmed any scheduled plan changes should be honoured.

She said she will check on this issue further.

When it comes to situation, It's not a question about if Public Mobile will honor these plan changes. They will honor them.  The issue is with the strange "undefined" plan because of the way that the new Self Serve system doesn't know how to deal with a scheduled plan change if the new plan is no longer current.  That's a system issue. Public Mobile policy has not changed with respect to scheduled plan changes. If a scheduled plan change requests a plan, that plan is suppsoed to be what you receive when your renewals comes along. It's been reported by a few customers that the "undefined" plan leads to a failed plan change.

The other issue here is with some of the non-sensical responses that you were receiving.  I especially look at the response that you got that your plan would be defaulted to the $55/10GB plan. Where did that answer even come from?  I would think that either the plan change would proceed as excpected or the plan change would fail.  The idea that the plan would change on its own to the 10GB plan instead of 20GB is baffling.  If that were true (which it isn't), that would mean that everyone already on the 20GB plan would be switched over too. The CSA response could possibly be read as that the CSA team can only process a change to the current plans, but that response ignores the fact that this is a Public Mobile problem, one that they need to fix. 

Great update. Please take a screenshot of that reply for your records and for others to be able to use if you would be willing to share and help for the future.

I think the company should honour all immediate requests from those wanting that plan. All the way up until 30 days after the new plans came out and that plan was removed. So 11:59pm eastern Nov 3rd. That plan should be available on request until then because of this. Then of course fix the scheduling problem anyway.

@deepblueglass   Thanks for the update and getting the confirmation from a senior PM employee.  I'm sure that is good news for everyone who has scheduled their plan change.

deepblueglass
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A manager got back to me and she said they will honour $55 20GB plan for me but I have to contact them one day before the scheduled plan change date.

I told her the community is confused with this issue and there are more people going through the same issue and some people's plans were even reverted back to their old plans without any notifications.

She confirmed any scheduled plan changes should be honoured.

She said she will check on this issue further.

@deepblueglass    As far as anyone here is aware, PM hasn't changed their policy on their long standing practice of honouring scheduled plan changes even if the plan was discontinued before the plan change took effect, or at least no notice has been posted to suggest that this policy has changed.  

One of the oracles mentioned in another thread edit: earlier this has been brought to the attention of PM management and it only seems to have become an issue since the recent self serve accounts were updated recently. 

Another customer posted several days ago, that they received confirmation from a CSA that the scheduled plan change would be honoured, but so far no one has confirmed/posted to update that they were able to get the discontinued $55/20GB plan. 

However, it's very confusing to be getting conflicting information from different CSA's.  Perhaps you may want to tag Community Manager J_PM directly for clarification on this issue?

edited for clarification regarding oracle's post.

deepblueglass

I sent a new ticket but the new agent said the same thing. They cannot switch to a plan which no longer exists in the system. I asked her to elaborate the ticket to a senior staff but she just asked me to choose a plan from existing ones.

I asked her again to allow me to talk to a senior agent but I haven't heard since.

In this threat other people are having the same issue but customer service agents didn't help to honour the plan.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/4g-55-plan/m-p/887088 

I agree the response was not what we want, unfair is true.  But I think it is too early to say the rest.   Many first level staff are like this, they just give out quick answers without confirming, they just want to close their tickets.  This is not good but I experienced that in many different companies.   Let's hope the senior staffs can make things  right again

Ah yes, the corporate easy-out. It is totally unfair. And unjust. And unethical. And immoral. But this is the new Public Mobile...we don't care. We don't care about our contracts. We don't care about our policies. We don't care about our past practices. We don't care about the C C T S. We don't care about the C R T C. We don't care about the W C C. Take what you get and shut up.

That's just the standard current $55/10gb/4G plan. Big whoop.

Hi @deepblueglass , add to @computergeek541 comment, when you open the new ticket and if the response is not what you hope for, ask them to pass to senior support agent  🙂

@deepblueglass wrote:

I talked to a customer service agent via private messages and I was told that my plan will be changed to $55 10G 4G on Oct 30 even though it was $55 20G 4G when I initiated the scheduled change.

He said "Every promotional offer has written in the Offer details: Offer subject to change and it may be removed at any time."

Hopefully this is not true. It seems unfair.

The information that I have regarding scheduled changes says that there has been no change to Public Mobile policy. You are supposed to get the plan that you asked for.  As to the response that you will be switched to the $55/10GB plan, that doesn't make any sense because the two plans would be in the system as using different computerized plan codes.  The CSA response also ignores the fact that  customers only need to request the plan change while the promotion is active. Please open another ticket.

deepblueglass

I talked to a customer service agent via private messages and I was told that my plan will be changed to $55 10G 4G on Oct 30 even though it was $55 20G 4G when I initiated the scheduled change.

He said "Every promotional offer has written in the Offer details: Offer subject to change and it may be removed at any time."

Hopefully this is not true. It seems unfair.

@AdamC 

PM management is aware of this issue. Working on a fix.  In the past, Public mobile will honour a planned switch to new plan, even if the new plan becomes unavailable.  It does not look like that this is happening with the new system.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@AdamC   The last day the $55/20GB 4G plan was still available might be either 3rd or 4th Oct. as Tiana_V's post announced new 4G plans (most of these are cheaper with today's new announcement on pricing/change of plans) but also removing the $55/20GB plan.  So as long as you scheduled your plan change by the 3rd of this month, PM should honour the plan change.

Here's the link from Tiana_V's post from Oct. 4th/2022:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/NEW-Introducing-even-more-4G-speed-plan...

AdamC

It was available to me as an option around the start of October so I'm hoping I didn't sign up for an already discontinued plan.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AdamC  Undefined is probably in your favour.. your still going to have to message the higher ups.. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you scheduled plan change on time then it should be honoured!

I believe due date was Sep 30 so it is kind of unrealistic to schedule for renewal on Oct 31 as billing period at PM is 30 days.

Nevertheless, ask agent for clarification!

To Contact CSA-agent; there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

AdamC

Yepp, I think that was it. I'll hit up the chatbot. Thanks!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@AdamC    You scheduled a plan change at renewal (Oct. 31st) for the discontinued $55 plan?  Others have also reported not being able to see the schedule change plan.  You should submit a ticket to customer via chatbot and ask them to honour your scheduled plan change as that's been the normal PM policy in the past.

Here's a link to chatbot:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Need Help? Let's chat.