cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add-on purchase

frazerhk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I only ever purchased add-on data once. Have done it again tonight successfully, I THINK.  It seems like the system recognized a payment of $15 by me with my credit card but how to I verify that this $ is actually going to be applied to the assignment of 1GB more data to my account so as to get me to the end of this use period?

7 REPLIES 7

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@frazerhk 

If you're out hiking and need data, you may want to verify with coverage maps that you'll actually expect signal where you're going.  If you're near an urban area, you should be fine.  However, if you're heading out into the sticks somewhere remote, you may not have signal at all.  🙂

@frazerhk wrote:

Ok. Thx. I will assume I don't have to worry; I am hiking in 2 days with 2 neophytes and I don't want to be at the top of the mountain with no data all of a sudden.

My region shows as ON;  I don't know how many times I've changed it to NB but it never seems to save. Solution for me?

@frazerhk where does it show ON?

Do you have an Ontario area code?

frazerhk

Ok. Thx. I will assume I don't have to worry; I am hiking in 2 days with 2 neophytes and I don't want to be at the top of the mountain with no data all of a sudden.

My region shows as ON;  I don't know how many times I've changed it to NB but it never seems to save. Solution for me?

@frazerhk 

Erroneous text messages do get sent out. As long as your data in self service looks fine ignore those messages.

frazerhk

Thanks. I did this step 2 a few days ago and actually bought $15 worth of extra data. WHY, then, did I get another message just yesterday that I've used up 75% of my data? I took this to mean of the portion I had left PLUS the extra data I had purchased. Self serve says:

Data & Data Add-Ons
 NameData Limit* (MB)Data Used** (MB)Remaining Data (MB)Status
1GB Add-on1024487.849536.151Active

Thanks for your help.

Holly

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@frazerhk   if you confirmed that PM charged your credit card $15, then check My Account.  If you see $15 as Available Fund there, then you have just loaded the fund but has not buy the add-on yet, in that case, you can go back to Add-on page and select the Data Add-on

Another way to confirm is to go to Transaction History page on My Account, it should show a line that you used your credit card to load $15, then there should be another line about the Add-on purchase if you did purchase it successfully.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@frazerhk wrote:

I only ever purchased add-on data once. Have done it again tonight successfully, I THINK.  It seems like the system recognized a payment of $15 by me with my credit card but how to I verify that this $ is actually going to be applied to the assignment of 1GB more data to my account so as to get me to the end of this use period?

@frazerhk   Do you see the 1GB addon listed on in your overview section of your Self Serve account?

Note that purchasing an add-on is a two step process.

You should be able to use it instantly.

1-First you need to add the $ to your account and

2-then, go back to add the add-on to your account.

Don't forget to restart your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.