cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your phone is not supported - how would you feel?

vbs-b
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Community

What I just learned is that Public Mobile does not support industry plain and simple - because it is a standard.

Just because a user may have a 4G compatible phone - purchased in Canada, marketed to Canadian citizens - on an official company site and you purchase a 4G plan from Public Mobile - it does not mean your phone will have all features.

One such feature is VoLTE. When you try to use it - the phone will switch to 3G for the call.

When you ask for support - you are kindly going to be notified that there is a list (few dozen phones) that Public Mobile actually support. And if you are not on the list - sorry - you have to buy a supported (by Public Mobile) phone.

My questions are

• How would you feel if you are presented with such statement?
  • If the provider claims to support a "standard" but in fact supports a subset of a standard - how can a provider claim that they support a standard?
  • Does such statement crate a sense of trust in the provider?

And yes - please feel free to share on social media.

If nothing else - potential customers may want to check if their phones will actually work on Public Mobile before switching.

Good luck! I hope you are on the "supported" list.

6 REPLIES 6

vbs-b

@Phil_Adelphus 

Thank you for sharing. Yes - Canada - our providers are so good eh.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@vbs-b  The same thing happened to me on another carrier (not Telus and Android but not OnePlus) and yes it was very frustrating.  Having said that, Public Mobile isn't the only Canadian carrier that doesn't support VoLTE on OnePlus phones, not that that's any consolation.  

vbs-b

I don't have the VoLTE switch. As soon as the OnePlus was mentioned and the list existence - I am out of luck.

HI @vbs-b 

OnePlus 5T works on PM.  VoLTE works but you can still talk on 3G.  In fact, so many people find VoLTE not as good and hope to turn it off and use 3G for voice

vbs-b

OnePlus 5T VoLTE does not work (on Public Mobile) - works well in the USA (with their SIM cards)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@vbs-b 

the phone might not be on the supported list but it might work 100%

so, what phone do you have? make or model?

Need Help? Let's chat.