cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Millzy1719
New Neighbour / Nouveau Voisin

Hi there,

I cannot set up my voicemail since I switched to public I just get a message saying error performing request, has anyone had this issue?

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow wrote:

Setting up voice mail could be done from cell phone only!!! Yes, it will use your minutes ($15 plan) but it will be done once only.

In the begging I tried to set it up accessing v-mail from land line and even though it looks like it worked - it did not.

@Meow : Well...we haven't heard back from the OP in all this time so I'll add this... if one were to use the reset voicemail password function in the self-serve, which changes the password to your 10 digit number, one can get into ones voicemail and do all the set up from another phone.

I suspect the OP has a code of sorts in their voicemail access number setting that didn't get changed on this activation.

@computergeek541 

Look how long it took for them to add the account pin # for credit card charges via 611.....til what appeared to be a vindictive ex topped up a customers account by about $1000. It changed shortly after that!

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

I do believe nothing has changed in that regard.

I do suspect that this isn't something that Public Mobile can fix themselves and strongly suspect that the issue is deeper into Telus.  The frustrating (and ridiculous) part is how a cell phone carrier has set up a system that doesn't check the true routoing of the call before authorizing someone to get into a customer's voicemail account.

@computergeek541 

I do believe nothing has changed in that regard.

@darlicious wrote:
  1. When prompted, enter a password between 4 to 15 digits long. Try to make it hard to guess, but easy to remember. It will be more secure if you avoid using numbers that are repetitive or sequential such as ‘1111’ or ‘1234’.
  2. Choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone.

I wonder if Public Mobile ever fix the issued that allowed anyone to listen or delete any Public Mobile's customer's messages, change settings, greeting recordings, etc.  The password bypass option is a security vulnerbility. That's only supposed to work if the customer calls from the cell phone, but it doesn't actually work that way.

Setting up voice mail could be done from cell phone only!!! Yes, it will use your minutes ($15 plan) but it will be done once only.

In the begging I tried to set it up accessing v-mail from land line and even though it looks like it worked - it did not.

@Millzy1719 

Setting up Voicemail

After you’ve activated, your voicemail is automatically ready to accept messages as soon as you add it to your account. It will play a default greeting until you set it up. Setting it up isn’t complicated:

1. Hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad to dial your voicemail access number. Calling your own 10-digit phone number will also bring you to your voicemail.
  2. When prompted, enter a password between 4 to 15 digits long. Try to make it hard to guess, but easy to remember. It will be more secure if you avoid using numbers that are repetitive or sequential such as ‘1111’ or ‘1234’.
  3. Choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone.
  4. Record your name, and a personalized greeting.
  5. When you’re done, hang up to end the call.

If you are still having trouble tell us the error message you are getting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Millzy1719 

for Set Up Voicemail visit Here link, 

or can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Millzy1719 

Are you getting the message on your phone? When you long press (1)?

Need Help? Let's chat.