cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account keeps getting suspended for no reason

familyq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, 

As the topic suggests, my account, (along with my family members'), keep getting suspended for no reason at all. This occurs every few months and is happening again right now. There's never a reason for the accounts being suspended as we have always been on autopay. It's a huge inconvenience and I was wondering if this happens to any of you as well?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In over 3 years I have never had this issue. 

Hi @familyq most the time the Autopay works, but not in your case.;(

Since you have to do redundant check anyway, maybe manually pay a day ot two ahead to assure no service interruption 

familyq

I think so as well which sucks 😭 kind of makes auto pay redundant haha 

Thanks for your response!

familyq

Unfortunately, yes 😭 Currently unable to call and text but thankfully imessage and facetime calls are a thing haha. I'm double checking any changes to my card right now but its still strange this occurs so often. The other times I'm able to manually pay when logged in my account which I guess means the auto pay failed for whatever reason? This time I cannot pay at all so I'm just double checking the card!

Thanks for your response!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @familyq look like your Pre-Authorized payments failed.  Not good.  But I think you might need to check your My Account at every renewal to confirm the payment processed successfully 

@familyq wrote:

As the topic suggests, my account, (along with my family members'), keep getting suspended for no reason at all. This occurs every few months and is happening again right now. There's never a reason for the accounts being suspended as we have always been on autopay. It's a huge inconvenience and I was wondering if this happens to any of you as well?

When this happens, do the actual services stop working?  During renewal time, the Self Serve system will erroneous say this, but it doesn't have an effect on the service. 

For the services to stop working, there would have had to be a payment issue.  If the system was unable to charge teh credit card (for any reason), this would cause the suspension.  The transaction could have been declined by the card issuer or it could be an error on the Public Mobile side (which has been known to happen).  To prevent this, it's possible to pay the amount due for the next renewal ahead of time.

Need Help? Let's chat.