cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE WF723 working with VOLTE on Public Mobile network

capitainecrunch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Everyone,

I've got a ZTE WF723 with a Public Mobile number to replace a landline. Everything is working fine but the WF723 is only taking calls in 3G mode. However, it does register in 4G but as soon as a call comes in, it switches to 3G. Looking at Telus VOLTE website, it says WF723 is supported for VOLTE on their network. Since Public Mobile is using same network as Telus, I would have expected VOLTE to work on WF723 with Public Mobile but support told me no fixed wireless devices are supported for VOLTE on their network.

I'm curious to see if anyone managed to get WF723 or similar fixed wireless device to work on VOLTE on Public Mobile network ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

capitainecrunch

I was contemplating to go the Link2Cell route but with bluetooth, it seems to be hit or miss depending on the cell phone and panasonic integration, from what I could read about.  With the WF723, I experienced also some incoming calls dropping perhaps because this switch from 4G to 3G. I tried MF279 and MF288 and at least with those units, you can select between 4G and 3G so it seems more reliable.

capitainecrunch

That's what I thought, thanks for confirming . Actually, at my location, 4G coverage is better so that's why I was trying to get VOLTE but I guess I'll wait when 3G start to be decommissioned, some day 🙂

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

lol. I have on too. I would have no idea to discover what you found. Mine is cutting out..dropping calls…every now and then and is quite inconvenient. Am thinking when we get new cellphones, to keep the best old one and do the Panasonic Bluetooth connection from cellphone. Link to Cell. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

sorry @capitainecrunch , PM has a shorter VoLTE whitelist than Telus at the moment.  Your model WF723 is not on it
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

but if it works on 3G and voice is good, there is really no rush for VoLTE, some actually want to go back to 3G voice except the VoLTE toggle is hidden

At the moment PM still fully support voice on 3G so you are good 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@capitainecrunch   PM has a limited list of VoLTE compatible phones, see

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte 

There is only one ZTE on it (scroll down the page).   There are phones that may work on PM that are not on the list but since yours drops to 3G on calls it doesn't appear to be one of them.

Need Help? Let's chat.