cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subscribing issues

Veryfrustrated1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

trying to set up PM for daughter. she was given a new number from Number Transferring team this morning (ends in 1008). She used to have an accountwith Virgin but her dad let it lapse and we can't get access, that's why we're not using her old ph# attached to her Samsung phone. How do we connect her ph to new #? We set up PM account using daughters email. She doesn't have mobile network uses wifi. Gets Ver code to her email then PMsends 2ndcode to new ph# but can't access cause #not setup to her phone yet.

4 REPLIES 4

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Veryfrustrated1 

your Child 2 problem is on Virgin and not a problem with Public Mobile.  Supposingly you need an active account to port the number.  Please contact Virgin and see what they can do.   You might need to resume Virgin service  so you can receive the porting authorization text if you want the Virgin number here

Veryfrustrated1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I registered on my phone for both children. They were not with me. They both got the PM app. Child#1 I registered using my email address and tried to transfer her ph# from my telus account. Not working. Child#2 registered using her email. She had a Virgin mobile plan but was inactive, her dad didn't pay the bill and neither my child or I have login access so ended up getting her a new ph# the 6 digit code goes to her email and then her new ph# but of course that new # is not activated so can't get the code. I just want to cancel both accounts at this point if you or someone else can help with that.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Veryfrustrated1 

Did you download the PM app on her phone during the activation of the SIM/eSIM?

You can’t activate the SIM/eSIM on the website.

If it was done on the app then reboot her phone by powering off then back on.

@Veryfrustrated1 

Did you activate a physical SIM card or eSIM card?  

If not tried yet, reboot the phone.  If that does not work, network reset of phone (note: this will erase any saved Wifi passwords). 

Need Help? Let's chat.