cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You keep sending me to places you can’t do anything

Flip1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Stop sending me to sites where I can’t do anything you wanted verification that you were talking to me i gave you mmy account number so get with it and send me my text so i can verify i am leaving and want my phone number transferred to a different provider i am sick of this it was requested twice yesterday now i need the text to move 226-xxx-xxxx somewhere else 

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

12 REPLIES 12

@Flip1 

well, you’re off to a good start with your new provider. 🤔

It is up to the new provider to pull the number from public mobile. All you have to do is respond “Yes” to the port authorization request you get from public mobile.  In order to do that, you have to have the public mobile SIM card in your device.

Also, the account here has to be active.

After you do that, it’s all on the new provider to take it from there.  Get on them …

Here in your earlier thread...so the account here needs to be active unless going to Telus or Koodo. You need this sim in a phone to get the text to reply to. Then you get the new provider to re-trigger the port request.

@Flip1 wrote:

Hey public mobile explain to me why you won’t transfer my number over and my account is active why I can’t receive or call anybody this is ehy i’m leaving this pathetic provider you can never talk to an agent personally on the phone my star 611 won’t even work why am i paying you people this is truly a pathetic pathetic provider

@Flip1 , you’re posting this on a public online forum where customers just like you help each other out by answering questions. We help when we’re able to. We don’t work for Public Mobile. Public Mobile Support is all online. 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Get help with your service or account by starting a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It can help you submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents. Click here to get started and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that matches your request.
  2. Alternatively, you can send a private message to Customer Support Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@Flip1 

Try rebooting your phone and see if that works.

I know there was issues with *611 for some members.

Flip1

Hey public mobile explain to me why you won’t transfer my number over and my account is active why I can’t receive or call anybody this is ehy i’m leaving this pathetic provider you can never talk to an agent personally on the phone my star 611 won’t even work why am i paying you people this is truly a pathetic pathetic provider

@Flip1   so, you already started the porting request on another provider and provided them the account number or IMEI?

If you did and just not receiving the text,  please open ticket with PM support using this direct link

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link (https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8) . This will put you in touch with our Customer Support Agents who will be able to assist you.

(Ref: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Flip1

the problem is I verified more than once this has been going on since yesterday they were supposed to send me a text berifying i am taking my number to new provider they have failed to send me that text they 

made me reactivate my account last night and they still won’t send me text and I can’t make any calls on my number 

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm certain that you have heard of two step verification -- realize that this inconvenience to you is for your protection. The PM CS agent has to verify that you are not a scammer trying to hijack someone else's number - You could be a jealous wife, husband, stocker scammer etc etc --- Realize that this inconvenience is for your protection.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Flip1 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Public mobile CSA agents need to confirm the identity of the owner of the account before releasing the phone number.  There are lots of scammers online who would love to get control of other's mobile number.  

Once you satisfied the security criteria, then PM will release your number.  Check your private inbox for messages from CSA.  Unfortunately, it is not a live interaction.  It takes time before each response (usually 0.5-1 hour).  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Flip1   

To port out your number, make sure your account is active

if you just need a account number and unable to login My Account, maybe you can submit ticket with CS agent via direct message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Flip1  If you have account number already you need to start the port with the new carrier you plan to go with to send request then you will get a text from PM and you confirm the port by replying YES to the text 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Flip1  You can find the account number in your my account (self serve ) also edit your number out as this is public forum tap arrow by time stamp to edit 

Add 

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1680186656163.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

Need Help? Let's chat.