cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't accept my credit card when creating account for my child.

lesmfunk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've spent over an hour yesterday evening and tried again this morning, but I can't activate my daughters sim card because it won't accept my credit card(s). I've tried different cards and same issue.

I think I've used up the value of the refer-a-friend promo discount in my time already.

8 REPLIES 8

@lesmfunk wrote:

Yes the postal code is for credit card, but will not match the area of the phone number since our community isn't listed. Not sure if that matters.

Hi @lesmfunk , this should not matter.

edit, hopefully you have gotten this activate to work after waiting. If not, try the online activation portal to activate: https://services.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I was talking about the credit card entry screen. There have been rare reports here from people that have said that some of that other information needs to match the credit card. But rare. And yes the city choices are limited even just for selecting a new phone number.

But see what happens in an hour and using private mode and desktop browsing.

lesmfunk

Yes the postal code is for credit card, but will not match the area of the phone number since our community isn't listed. Not sure if that matters.

lesmfunk

There are 2 spots to enter the postal code. It seems they each have different formats (will turn green in step 1 without space, but in step 3 it needs a space to accept?). Strange.

@Yummy- They're trying to activate. There's no address to enter. It won't let you type a space in the postal code.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If Public Mobile locks this function, usually time will rectify it:

Wait one hour.

Clear cache and cookies.

Open incognito tab.

Try again.

If you're trying to update credit card details on self-serve, make sure to do the following to avoid the common glitches that sometimes occur with this process:

Clear your browser's cache & cookies or use incognito mode

Log-in to My Account

Select ‘Payments’

Select ‘Manage Payment Method’

Select "Manage Your Card"

Select "Update Card Information"

Type your address exactly as from your billing statement

Don't use a space in the postal code

Use ALL CAPS if necessary

Type everything, not letting autofill complete any fields

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Also...make certain to use a different email address for her account. Each acct needs separate email address.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

In another hour, try using private mode. Are you doing this on a non-mobile browser/desktop or on mobile? If mobile try using desktop mode.

Adding - the postal code you're entering is the credit card postal code?

Need Help? Let's chat.