cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be able to get a refund on the 3-month subscription if cancelled?

SuzieC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been a long time customer of Public Mobile but recently I had to get a new phone, leaving me not much choice but to leave the carrier. At the time, I was on Public Mobile's $109 for 90 days plan which I barely used (Dec 6 was when they charged me for the new cycle and I know I barely used the data the last time I checked). However, when the number ported at the store, my public mobile account was automatically shutdown leaving me unable to seek customer service support. 

I was wondering how or if I can get any of my money back at all. Now I know to never sign up for a 3 month plan. 

6 REPLIES 6

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Simple answer is - NO. PM is pre-paid service and once you paid you use it or lose it.

@hairbag1 wrote:

added...you didn't hafta leave PM just because you got a different phone. You coulda just removed sim from old and installed in new.

@hairbag1 @SuzieC unless she got the phone "included" with the new subscription at her new carrier

SuzieC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unfortunately none of the Telus brands...I guess that answers the question haha!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@SuzieC 

sorry to be the bearer of bad news ...but once you ported out, your PM account is automatically deactivated and you get zero refunds.

added...you didn't hafta leave PM just because you got a different phone. You coulda just removed sim from old and installed in new.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SuzieC  Sorry PM is pre paid and no refunds 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @SuzieC sorry, PM is prepaid and no refund or partial refund if leave early 

which carrier did you go?? Koodo or Telus? if so, they might be able to compensate a bit 

Need Help? Let's chat.