cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife's account can not be accessed. Password reset method not working either.

evergreen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wife activated a new sim yesterday. Payment went through and sim is now active. Wants to port her number but can not access account. For some reason, the password is not being recognized. Doing the "forgot password" route does not work either. The e-mail containing the re-set link comes over an hour after request, so it becomes "expired" when you click it. Can a MOD please e-mail me so I can provide info so this can be resolved? I convinced her to switch, and I can understand why she is not happy with this new service. E-mailed "help" section last night, but she has yet to receive any reply. 

12 REPLIES 12

Swirlled

This happened to me too, but the email was received in less than a minute just now for me. Try again right now and it should work 🙂 Cheers. (Although, I'm still waiting for my port to successfully finish, can't make or receive calls or texts on my Public Mobile sim, but data works)

evergreen

Thanks #Muzzy! It was important for me that it works, as I brought her (and 2 other people) to PM, and I owe it to her something that works.

Muzzy

glad it worked, hope you save a lot of money and dont have any other problems.

chinaweike

anyway, finally you made it. congratulations.Smiley Happy

evergreen

"Forgot Password" method finally worked after 17 attempts (yes, you read it righ, 17 attempts). On the 17th attempt, the re-set finally arrived a few minutes after request, as opposed to hours and hours (resulting to expired link).  The trouble started Saturday afternoon (Nov 19) and account was finally accessed Monday afternoon.  When the account was accessed, the PORT was seamless! case closed. (even if REPLY from the HELP section never came 😞

ceej

I've posted this in another thread.

I was facing a similar issues. I followed the below steps to gain access to 'My Account'. Which I had issues gaining access to. I did recieve an error on the last page of my initial registration.

It seems that my activation did not go through completely. However following the below steps helped...

• Starting at the homepage
  • Clicking 'Create a new account'
  • Entering my Ported/Temporary PM number
  • Recieving the Verification code via Text (On PM SIM)
  • Entering Verification code, when prompted
  • Clicking Next

Allowed me to go through and 'create' (or re-create my account) and finally access 'My Account'.

Hope this helps

evergreen

She did. But she can not log on afterwards, saying that her password is incorrect.

Muzzy

did she setup her selfserve account?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

activating your sim does not create it, well it did not for me.  And I actually had to follow the link above and go through the process.

evergreen

the point is, she needs her number on the new plan. until then, she has to pay 2 plans. not a good scenario.

evergreen

It does not work. Re-set email comes an hour after request. By then, the link has expired.

Follow this procedure:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

They will sort it eventually; plan to cope as is for a week.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

chinaweike

try another forgot password..

Need Help? Let's chat.