cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no Offers or Promotion for Existing Users?

kmonmoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been using PM for over two years now. In this time, I have seen multiple good offers like 2GB+ for 35$ Plans and such. But all these offers are for new users. What is there for us who follow PM for years? Why don't we have any good offers or promotions like that?

26 REPLIES 26

@ShawnC13 

They want their cake and eat it too!

That's Yummy for you. Never enough to fill their Tummy.   lol

This is better. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 11.30.52 AM.png

@Yummy wrote:

It will be a nice gesture from PM to reward existing customers at least symbolically: For each year of service once a year $1. So if you are with them 3 years you will get one time $3. At least something as extra 'thank you'.

@Yummy They do that monthly!!  Or do you want them to not only give a monthly credit but you are also looking for a once-a-year credit of $1 for every year you have been with PM?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

the only real loss of rewards in my mind are referrals, since they are lost. Loyalty will come back just takes time.

The point is you need to look at the whole cost picture.

I always forget about losing referrals when porting. Thank you for reminder.

I guess jumping from ship to ship to get better deal works for some people. It all depends what do you expect and need from mobile service.

I would be very happy if PM offered $5 unlimited texting and pay per use calls or if I could 'give' my call minutes to somebody for little credit on my account. But most likely the whole process will be difficult to easily implement so we are stuck with whatever companies offer and it is up to us to choose.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Meow I believe the the first part of my reply stated PM offered rewards, which often gets overlooked by many of the people who ask this question.  That being said if the offer is good enough then losing some rewards by porting out and in can still be a better option ie the off again on again 2gbpromo. If you are on the $40 plan, port out and in and boom you can save 5$ ( not including porting costs). the only real loss of rewards in my mind are referrals, since they are lost. Loyalty will come back just takes time.

The point is you need to look at the whole cost picture.

It will be a nice gesture from PM to reward existing customers at least symbolically: For each year of service once a year $1. So if you are with them 3 years you will get one time $3. At least something as extra 'thank you'.

With porting so easily done,  there is really no loyalty anymore.  I guess carriers see many old customers are tempted to leave and hard to kee them anyway,  this is why carriers rather put more effort to get new accounts .

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : It's account loyalty, not community loyalty. That number would suggest to me that he's had an account for at least 19 months.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@kmonmoy  you have rewards.

if you really want the promo port your number out and then port back in.

But this will not be reasonable for existing long time customers. They would lose Loyalty rewards as porting out will close their account.

So it might work for somebody who is with PM 2-3 months.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel wrote:

😉

since everyone is showing off...

Screenshot_20211022-221616.png

Amazing number of referrals!!

But cannot understand Loyalty? Your profile (Community) says 1 year but Loyalty says $6?

Trying to understand...

only for those who were quick enough to see

Oops.jpeg

@gpixel 

Way to work those referrals!

😉

since everyone is showing off...

Screenshot_20211022-221616.png

@will13am wrote:

The benefit with Public Mobile is no surprise overage charges, grandfathered plans, and unbeatable reward system.  I am looking forward to maxing out the loyalty reward on the next renewal.  If I need more data, there's always SIM 2. 

What if I wanted faster data?  Even if I'm willing to pay more, I can't get that at Public Mobile and would have to either switch carriers or get an additional plan somewhere else.  Maybe, I shouldn't have given up my Fall Promo 2016 plan.  However, I'll agree that the rewards are excellent.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountyDownIeUk : No. Both are connecting to the network. Both have phone numbers. Both can call in/out, text in/out. Both have data. But only one radio can actively transceive. The other goes in to standby. But I have it set that the second number forwards to the first and would give the call alert and I could switch to that call. Still only one radio in use.

I have it set that when I turn on data it knows to use data from the second SIM.

I have it set that if I get an MMS on the first SIM that when I jump the couple hoops to turn that data on, it will only do MMS...no background data is possible.

Yay I looked it up.  So you only broadcast one phone number? And use other sim for data. And when you get a call it some how automatically changes to answer on that Sim. ???

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountyDownIeUk : It's a peculiar way of saying one has a dual-SIM phone and two accounts and how they use either one. My main account happens to be in SIM slot 1. Figure that kinda makes sense. My other account (whichever) is in slot 2.

Ok ok what does Sim 2 mean?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

If I need more data, there's always SIM 2. 

lol I do it the other way around. I use SIM 2 as my data. I've set SIM 1 to do just MMS and haven't used its data for quite some time.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The benefit with Public Mobile is no surprise overage charges, grandfathered plans, and unbeatable reward system.  I am looking forward to maxing out the loyalty reward on the next renewal.  If I need more data, there's always SIM 2. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@kmonmoy wrote:

I have been using PM for over two years now. In this time, I have seen multiple good offers like 2GB+ for 35$ Plans and such. But all these offers are for new users. What is there for us who follow PM for years? Why don't we have any good offers or promotions like that?

As others have shown you about the PM gifts that have been given away, I am just wondering if you know of other providers that offer promos to existing customers?  Before PM I never had a carrier call me up or email me saying they had a better plan for me that would either save me money or give me more data for the same amount.  

Edited to add:  This is my promo from PM for being an existing customer

ShawnC13_0-1634960384979.png

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountyDownIeUk : This is my "main" account. My "data" account is well down most of these data items. My "dormant" account is getting down too. There will come a day when I'll have these extra accounts with nothing to keep them for other than the $10 plans. The extra 50 texts are kinda handy though but there are other options.

Data: last half of the last gift and some still left of the original promo data that I started the account for

z10user4_0-1634957051246.png

Dormant: it looks like I'm currently chewing on the summer 5gb we got out west. But this account goes a lot slower as I only use it every 4 months for a month. I'm not entirely certain I picked up all the gifts on this account either.

z10user4_1-1634957182694.png

@Anonymous wrote:

@kmonmoy : Plans have come and gone but gifts come around on occasion.

z10user4_0-1633235585610.png

@Anonymous  Atta boy! But you are supposed to “USE THEM”

Me too, most UNused. 

@kmonmoy Wait for a fierce competitor that can take business away from PM AND wait for 1 or 2 weeks before December 25. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kmonmoy 

On a regular basis pm does change its regular plan offerings or puts on limited time plan offers available to current customers or will offer targeted text offers. That last of these that I can recall was the $30/2gb plan. There was also the "Quebec" plan of $5 off the $35/2.5gb or the $50/8.5gb plan. They also increased the data in the $35 plan to 3gb and the $50 plan's data to 10.5gb in April. They have also introduced the $70/15.5gb plan for a "limited time" in June of this year.

There will always be enticement for new customers if they are really attractive you can always activate a new account. I've done so on a really attractive offer that I use for extra data when needed and suspend for 90 days when not needed.

Loyal customers reap the benefits of accumulated rewards and freebie gifts like the "more the merrier" campaign the last 2 holiday seasons that gave away free data and international minute add ons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kmonmoy : Plans have come and gone but gifts come around on occasion.

z10user4_0-1633235585610.png

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kmonmoy  you have rewards.

if you really want the promo port your number out and then port back in.

but to answer your question, its the industry practice entice people to join with a good offer and let them leave if they find a better offer down the road.  basically if they offer you a better deal they are then losing revenue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.