cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does PM text customers at midnight ?

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkman wrote:

Also, clarified with Jade, this promotion is only for online, at home activations.  Not in-store activations.  

Cool  ..an extra three words and it is all clear  ... is there a reason professional marketing  people wouldn't  do the same ?   Maybe the same reason I was just awakened at 12 am  by a useless  test from public mobile to tell me rewards had been  applied to my account that I was notified was paid  12 hours ago  🙄   ...If I open a ticket and waste a paid employees time  can I get this stupidity changed ?

20 REPLIES 20

@LurganIeUk 

You can change that setting in your profile to show the time/date rather "yesterday" or "2 week ago".

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

Got my rewards text about a hundred minutes ago....see it's the 9 am/pm alarm clock texts from 611 that are more likely to make me grumpy!

Let's see yesterday minus 100 minutes equals?

barndoor

@esjliv 

thanks  ...now that you mention it I think I can set individual contacts to dnd .  I accidentally did it to one contact and I had to ask one of the kids why the notification had disappeared .  I'll give it a try .

@barndoor wrote:

Yeah thanks ... @Anonymous  ... I figured there is likely some reason why they word it the way they do ...I likely don't want to know  what is is . 🙄

I would do the DND thing but I leave  my phone on in case kids have issues  ...guess I'll  just have to live with it or start nagging PM employees about it and let PM waste some money on said stupidity . Is the computer they use so low in capabilities that it can't send both of those texts out at noon  on the day of payment ? 🙄 🙄 ... hmmm there's a thought ....maybe even in the same text . 

@barndoor I totally get why you don't want to silence your phone, when you may expect calls or message from specific people.

Does your phone have this setting?

1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap “Do Not Disturb”
  3. Toggle Do Not Disturb to “on”
  4. In the Phone section of the screen, tap “Allow Calls From”
  5. You can choose to allow calls from Everyone, No One, or the contacts you've selected as Favorites. You can also make an exception for an existing Contacts group.

barndoor

@Yummy wrote:

It is regular IT practice to run batch processing after midnight when there no much on-line activity.

@Yummy 

Since they seem to do their accounts on a daily basis  as opposed to doing everyone at the same time every month like a lot of company would, one would think the work load would be well spread out .  I find it hard to believe that they have so many customers processed on a daily basis   that they need to find a low traffic period to send a customer a text . 

I have a couple of unsolicited texts here from the PM marketing department and they come between 2 and 3 pm . Why would the billing dept  not follow the same wisdom  ?  

Basically the rewards text is just a waste of resources anyway because that info is so easily available on your self serve account. So if they are challenged by a lack of capacity  why not just skip that text ? 

barndoor

@darlicious  ... you do love making it difficult don't you ? 😀  😀    So about 7 pm ?

edited to ad, no its got to be about 9pm  ...so same as last time . 

@LurganIeUk 

Got my rewards text about a hundred minutes ago....see it's the 9 am/pm alarm clock texts from 611 that are more likely to make me grumpy!

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

Are you saying your renewal texts have been normal the last two months? Both at 9 am?

Last one was wife's. Usually 2 texts. One around and after 9AM and oddly the second one around but not after 9PM. And those texts make her grouchy. 

@LurganIeUk 

Are you saying your renewal texts have been normal the last two months? Both at 9 am?

Darn!!! That blows my theory.....thinking you might in Ontario with a BC phone number.

I have never received a text from PM before 9AM or after 9PM. 

barndoor

@LurganIeUk  we're both from Ontario .

What time zone are you in?

What time zone does your phone number belong  to?

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

Instead of being sent together the two renewal texts have been split 12 hours apart. 9am and 9pm on the day of renewal.

If they want to make mine 9am and 9pm and make yours  6am and 6 pm ,that works for me .😀

@barndoor 

This is a glitch that pm hasn't put high on its priority list to fix as it's only been occurring for the past two months.....renewal wise. Instead of being sent together the two renewal texts have been split 12 hours apart. 9am and 9pm on the day of renewal.

Also affected are the "Cha-ching!...congrats you have referred a friend" and "...one of your refer a friend reward will be less due to a friends account inactivity." texts now come 12 hours after activation or suspension instead of immediately.

barndoor

@Yummy wrote:

@softech wrote:

.. cos  the IT staff forgot the check the time.. someone ask them to setup a schedule for August 27.. and he just set it without think about the time 00:00:00  🙂

It is regular IT practice to run batch processing after midnight when there no much on-line activity.

Good luck with pestering PM to change schedule.

If you have to keep your phone on 24/7 then it is real problem for you getting not important SMS/calls in the middle of the night...

Did you try to change notification sound for that particular number?

PM is the only one . The rest are all within normal business hours . The heads up text is 12 pm  , the thank-you for payment text is 12 pm  ... the text about rewards ,that really isn't needed, is the one  that comes at midnight . 

Thanks  for the suggestion of sound change ...I had no idea they could be set individually , I have enough trouble just  using the phone let alone sorting out settings . ( I'd put an emoji in but I see they are protesting) lol

@softech wrote:

.. cos  the IT staff forgot the check the time.. someone ask them to setup a schedule for August 27.. and he just set it without think about the time 00:00:00  🙂

Good luck with pestering PM to change schedule.

If you have to keep your phone on 24/7 then it is real problem for you getting not important SMS/calls in the middle of the night...

Did you try to change notification sound for that particular number?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

but honest, PM could have done better on this

barndoor

Yeah thanks ... @Anonymous  ... I figured there is likely some reason why they word it the way they do ...I likely don't want to know  what is is . 🙄

I would do the DND thing but I leave  my phone on in case kids have issues  ...guess I'll  just have to live with it or start nagging PM employees about it and let PM waste some money on said stupidity . Is the computer they use so low in capabilities that it can't send both of those texts out at noon  on the day of payment ? 🙄 🙄 ... hmmm there's a thought ....maybe even in the same text . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : It's been ever thus with wording around here. Yet those same folks get promoted up to the big leagues nonetheless. Response times are non-functional too. The 3 unwanted words are still there. It would seem no one really cares how it all comes across even when brought to their attention.

As for middle of the night notifications...my condo "buzzer" calls my cellphone. I set the automatic DND so no one buzzes the door at odd hours. And so it shuts up notifications as well.

Edit: other promos used to say to use the same email address as used for that sign-up. But this one does not.

Need Help? Let's chat.