cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Public Mobile gets stuff done.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit: I didn't actually start this thread here and I changed the subject line.

@barndoor : What Public Mobile has been relegated to run on:

z10user4_0-1630041997125.png

11 REPLIES 11

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth That is nuts, I wonder what company would actually run like this!

Aw, let's be serious. I'm sure Public Mobile has "modern" equipment from only a decade or two back.

The problem is that it's all patched together in an impossible kludge.

spaghetti_1

And the other problem is that the kludge is forced to be uniformly compliant with Telus-style Huge Corporate Dinosaur Thinking.

2180039413_f54b142ff4_o

@Anonymous 

I'll have you know the Univac 5000 has already tabulated the top 20 for this month and the credit card imprinter is a god send every December 21st or so when interac goes down and it's the only way customers can pay their bill because nobody carries cash anymore and that pc looks an awful lot like the computer system London Drugs does it's activations for pm on....😎

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JK8 : lol And then they have another CSA to feed those into that slot in the first pic. 🙂

@computergeek541 : Of course the pic is a joke but no indeed the 286 was not Y2K-compliant.

The pic was just something representative of old iron much like the Univac 5000 joke.

Anybody remember "do not fold, bend, spindle or mutilate"?

(Yes I know what the slot is.)

@Anonymous wrote:

@barndoor : Oh and every night they pay a CSA to do the autopay transactions. Sometimes the CSA can't complete them all so the autopay "fails" for the rest.

z10user4_0-1630042779205.png

I like this one.. this explain why the whole Autopay process starts from 6pm and not finished till around 6am.. lol

is that actually an 80286?  I was thinking it's a computer with an 8088 processor.  I don't think that computer system and operating system is Y2K compliant.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Public Mobile has just finished compiling the renewals for tonight.

D852DCAF-5DC2-4099-9F38-4D63E347FED6.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : I'm not winding you up at all. Just goofin' around that's all. Of course they don't use an old IBM 286. Of course they don't use the old shook-shook machine. Heck they don't have a physical customer card. Just joking.

barndoor

😀 😀  I'm sure you're just winding me up  .. . but scarily it does explain why there seem to be so many CSA's here even though you guys do most of the work . 😎

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : Oh and every night they pay a CSA to do the autopay transactions. Sometimes the CSA can't complete them all so the autopay "fails" for the rest.

z10user4_0-1630042779205.png

barndoor

LOL  ... I guess that explains everything . 

Need Help? Let's chat.