cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I not make a call or send a text.

Dragonlady
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I paid my monthly bill, I have a credit balance and still cannot make a phone call or a text message.

12 REPLIES 12

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Dragonlady 

If you rebooted (power off your phone not your screen) your phone several times and your account is Active, there could be an outage in your area. Check the outages map:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

Or it could be your device so have it checked out.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Dragonlady    There are couple of other threads today with other customers who have topped up their account to renew but phone service isn't available.  Could be a network tower issue in your area and might resolve itself later on. 

If you still don't have service within an hour or so, then you should submit a ticket via chatbot and ask customer support for assistance.  Here's a link to chatbot:   https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

@Dragonlady wrote:

It is telling me that I used all my minutes when I try to do anything.  Even call public mobile.  

You cannot PM as they have no support number to call.

Can you try your SIM in another phone?

Do you have unlimited calls plan or you have used all your minutes ($15 plan)?

What plan do you have. If you have the $15 plan, it only has 100 minutes of outgoing calls.

If you've run outta regular plan minutes, consider getting the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on.

Those add-on minutes will allow calling after you run out of regular plan minutes. Any unused add-on minutes will roll over at renewal time.

When is renewal date ?

hi @Dragonlady what plan do you have??

Dragonlady

It is telling me that I used all my minutes when I try to do anything.  Even call public mobile.  

Dragonlady

i have rebooted my phone, my account is active.  And yes I have a connection to Public Mobile.

@Dragonlady check if mobile data works

and does your phone shows connected to  Pm network?

Dragonlady

Sorry, yes I have data also.

Dragonlady

Yes I have rebooted my phone.  I also check the status and my account and it is active.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Dragonlady do you have data??

did you reboot the phone?  is the phone showing connected to PM network?

Also, log into My account and check if account status is Active or suspended 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Does your phone show connection to Public Mobile?

Did you try to reboot your phone?

Your account is active?

Need Help? Let's chat.