cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my promo data? How many other customers on 30/m plan got ripped when PM switched to 25/m?

DaveT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, 

I would like to point out how Public Mobile pulled a fast one and mistreated long time customers.

I signed up for the 30/month in 2019 and my plan was unlimited Canada wide call and text / 1GB of data and since I did auto pay I was able to get $2 off and and an extra 1GB of promo data. So I was getting 2GB of data. When the new plan came out at $25/month Canada wide text and call / 1GB data, I was thinking I was getting overcharged since I was paying $30 per month but since I was getting 2GB data and I thought that was good that I had a grandfathered in plan. But now I am back to only 1GB of data per month and getting charged more than new people that sign up. I thought loyal customers would get better plans instead of worse ones? 

When Public Mobile recently changed their website interface to the new flashy one, they also got rid of promo data. It used to be displayed as followed. I would get 1GB promo data each month. Now there is no promo data and I get charged more per month than new customers with the same plan. Should I just end my plan and start a new one? Why did Public Mobile not do anything for all the old customers who signed up for a 30/m plan when they lowered the price to 25/month ? 

DaveT_0-1659980645650.png

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DaveT 

You will need to contact customer support and have them open a ticket with the tech team as there is a glitch affecting bonus recurring monthly plan data promotions. Did it disappear after July 13th or after your renewal after July 13th?  ( I suspect the latter.) If they do not solve the issue by the time you deplete your 1Gb of plan data you will need to contact them again and ask them to reset your 1gb of plan data to replace the missing the plan data bonus in the meantime.

Trust me Public Mobile can do whatever they like as long as they give you 30 days notice of their choosing....they grandfather your plan but it is up to you to stay on top of new plan offerings. Or if you prefer you could be in my shoes and pm can subject your plan to a 30% rate hike. Count yourself lucky that your plan cost has not gone up and your only options are even more expensive plans. If you like a current plan better schedule a change plan on next renewal. You will lose the recurring monthly plan  data bonus of 1gb but will likely keep the the bonus data add on....YMMV...of course!

DaveT

I have already contacted a CSA via your link. Thanks. 

I don't consider this a solution until I hear what they say but I do appreciate your help. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hey, I am not saying don't inquire about your disappointment to a CSA @DaveT . Go for it, see what they say and perhaps they will cushion your account with something.

But I would not get my hopes up, as it is not their model to poke us when we are paying more than what is currently being offered.

Plan changes can happen at any time...go higher OR lower in costs.

As mentioned, no time like the present. Schedule a plan change on 'Next Renewal' and you are in the better cost plan.

But, wasn't the issue also, that you thought you had a recurring promo on your account? If you are sure about this, I would definitely check in with the CSAs about it.

DaveT

@esjliv I disagree with you. If Public Mobile won't do any recourse I will be exploring avenues through the Better Bussiness Bureau or a class action lawsuit. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DaveT - while I agree it is disappointing about not getting the better deal all this time; unfortunately the onus is on us (customers and members) to be checking what is available and take actions ourselves.

For other providers, for example TV or internet ones, you would be hard pressed to be offered a lower price that is suddenly being offered in their packages, unless you call in to their customer service and ask for a better deal.

DaveT

Thanks for the idea on the 1GB promo. This still doesn't solve Public Mobile ripping off loyal customers like that. The right thing for Public Mobile to do would be to reduce the payment plan for old customers when they change it for new ones or give a promo that's better than what new customers are getting. I think it might even be illegal for Public Mobile to charge more to some for the same plan others are getting lower. If it is not illegal it is sure slimey. I have other family memebrs I referred who have this same problem. But what's the alternative to Public Mobile? Nothing yet. So I just have to get screwed and accept it I guess. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DaveT 

If you were on a $30 1GB all this time, yes, it may have been beneficial for you to switch sooner. But that was then, this is now. You still can switch! 🙂

Are you sure that 1GB promo data line item was a recurring item each renewal cycle? The line item is written like other promos I have seen, meaning once it is gone it is all used up.

If you have screenshots of this being on ongoing 1GB added to each cycle, then submit a ticket with a CSA and provide them this.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.