cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction category on my credit card

NataliaV
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

When you process the payment, please use the Bill Payment as a transaction category instead of Other.

On my credit card charges should appear as a bill payment and not as other.

I spoke to my credit card and they told me that it has to be fixed at your end.

Please fix it.

Thank you,

Natalia 

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@NataliaV  - you are posting to other customers and member like you here. I think the 2 other posters answered your question. 

I think It is odd that your card company told you public mobile could change this.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NataliaV wrote:

Hello, 

When you process the payment, please use the Bill Payment as a transaction category instead of Other.

On my credit card charges should appear as a bill payment and not as other.

I spoke to my credit card and they told me that it has to be fixed at your end.

Please fix it.

Thank you,

Natalia 

@NataliaV  Are you trying to earn some extra bonus points or cash back for reoccurring bill?  If so, you are out of luck. 

Many have asked that before.  PM's payment does not considered as a reoccurring bill payment.  Part of it is that when you setup Pre-Authorized payment, you are just allowing PM to pull the payment every 30 days.  For a true pre-authorized payment, the vendor will need to setup something with the credit card, this would allow credit card to approve the transaction easier every month.  PM does not do anything like that , probably that saved them a bit of the transaction fee from a true Pre-authorized payments.  All PM do is a pull a new transaction every 30 days.  

Also, the fact that it payment cycle is every 30 days, which is not weekly or monthly also might be another reason

Many has questioned why PM's payment is different.  But it is confirmed that  PM's payment does not consider as a reoccurring bill payment and not eligible for those credit card bonus.  I remember one member said she will fight for it with PM , but she never came back , so I assume her effort was in vain

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NataliaV hi you are on a 30 day plan cycle so they don't see it as a  a recurring monthly bill so technically you are not authorizing Public to take out a monthly payment

Need Help? Let's chat.