cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is automatic payment taken from customer’s account each month?

Word-Nerd
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

1) If a customer adds a debit or credit card to one’s Public Mobile account for automatic payment each month, is the monthly plan charge taken (from the card on the account) at 11:59 pm on the day before the first day of the next service period or is it taken at 12:00 am on the first day of the next service period?

If, for example, the customer’s service period begins on the eleventh day of each month, then the payment would presumably be taken (from the customer’s debit or credit card) at either 11:59 pm on the tenth day of each month or at 12:00 am on the eleventh day of each month, except during the March service period when the thirty day service period might begin on the twelfth day (of March).

Please do not copy and paste this post or part of it before responding.  It’s already here for everybody to see, so there is no need to duplicate it elsewhere just to make more data clutter.  Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Thank you in advance to anybody who can answer these questions and provide clear directions about how to do this. Your help is appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

@hTideGnow wrote:

If it shows on your account current cycle Jan 11 to Feb 10, your service date actually is Jan 11 to Feb 9.  PM will actually take money out after midnight  Feb 11 , the new cycle actually starts on Feb 11

@hTideGnow- No. The new cycle starts on that second date. Quigley above has it right.

lfh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great answers so far.  One thing I love is 2-3 days before your payment is due, you'll get a notification.

I use a prepaid visa so it gives me a chance to make sure there's still funds left, and it was easy to update my card number when I needed to.  No worries about missing a payment, or remembering which day its due.  Cheers!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Word-Nerd 

Your plan cycle renewal occurs at midnight eastern and any minute or data counters reset at this time. If a change plan on next renewal is scheduled your new plan details will not update until your new plan amount is taken.

For payment if renewals are running on time then payment is debited from the account balance and/or charged to the autopay card at 2am eastern. However renewals often run late and your plan payment charges may not show in your payment history up until noon eastern on day 1 of your new payment cycle. You will recieve a text from 611 at noon eastern confirming a successful renewal or a failed payment.

If you miss your payment or autopay fails you have 4 hours to make a top up payment to avoid account suspension. If your account is not allowing you to make a payment that means renewals have not completed. The earliest your account will be suspended for non payment is 6 am eastern if renewals are running on time. If this is the 90th day since paid service this is when account cancellation and deactivation occurs.

Presumably your point rewards are added after your plan payment is taken (?) with the 5% get back points added shortly afterwards and the extra 10% for the 3×points promotion 48 hours after renewal. Community points should be added between the 5th and 7th day of the calendar month. Referral points may be added at renewal or at the referral's renewal date but these point rewards have yet to be confirmed by any new points rewards member as of yet. Rewards for customers on the old $$ rewards program are added shortly after midnight eastern upon renewal.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Word-Nerd 

You will be paying 12 (30 days cycle) plus 5 days/year. Your renewal is a midnight and funds will be taken early in the morning.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Word-Nerd  Cycle renewal date will change, it won't be always 11th day of the month

Also, the cycle date on My Account is actually wrong.

If it shows on your account current cycle Jan 11 to Feb 10, your service date actually is Jan 11 to Feb 9.  PM will actually take money out after midnight  Feb 11 , the new cycle actually starts on Feb 11

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Word-Nerd wrote:

Please do not copy and paste this post or part of it before responding.  It’s already here for everybody to see, so there is no need to duplicate it elsewhere just to make more data clutter.  Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

So what is wrong with quoting the partial text one wants to reply to??? IMHO that is almost always adding to clarity in the conversation as needed.

Right now, and this particular topic, it might work with a handful of replies where references are clear. However, often threads are getting long enough that references would easily get lost without quoting and tagging.

(I'm off to find the ignore button in the "new" community, apparently we all have to play by Word-Nerd's rules now and aren't allowed to try to help if we don't meet their standards.)

ETA: Another personal opinion could be that your choice of font, text size and spacing is visually more cluttering than a standard quote, but since I already don't follow your rules I see myself out.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You pay every 30 days. 

Check your My Account and it will advise you of your next payment date. 

Build a calendar in excel. 

And who cares when your Card is charged? Just meet your obligations. 

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Word-Nerd 

On the day of your renewal, day one of the 30 day cycle, the renewal process starts at 12 am and ends around 4 or 5 am.

But your credit or debit card isn't actually charged until the 4 or 5 am time.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Word-Nerd 

It's taken in the early morning hours of the day of renewal, the first day of your next 30 days cycle.

Also, bear in mind because public mobile bills every 30 consecutive days, after every few months the auto pay date falls back a day due to more months having 31 days then 30.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Word-Nerd 30 days after your first day of service 

Need Help? Let's chat.