cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp will not leave a voice mail on PM?

fmongeau1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need to setup WhatsApp on a new phone (my phone got stolen). When I setup WhatsApp I get the option to call my PM number. Indeed, I do get a voice mail; but it is empty.
It is as if WhatsApp will not leave a voice mail to my PM voice mail box, anyone noticed the same problem?

( this voice mail trick works for other services such as my bank and credit card, but does not seem to work for WhatsApp and only WhatsApp. Is this a WhatsApp-PM problem or a more generalized WhatsApp-VoiceMailBox problem? )

(I asked the same question here about a month ago but I cannot find it now. Has it been deleted?)

3 REPLIES 3

HI @fmongeau1 

your old message was there

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/WhatsApp-from-abroad/m-p/1100535#M769038

We didn't hear anything about Whatsapp activation problem.  Usually just need couple days to get the activation working.   Since it is usually a problem with Whatsapp, open a ticket with them. But keep in mind it take couple days for whatsapp to reply, not fast

fmongeau1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes. As I explained, I got way past that.  As I explained, WhatsApp does call my PM number, it goes to my voice mail box, and I can call my voice mail (a few saconds later) and retrieve the voice mail message... but it is empty, it lasts 5-7 seconds but there is no voice, no message.

As I wroteIt is as if WhatsApp will not leave a voice mail to my PM voice mail box.

This voice mail trick (to get a 2FA authentication code by voice mail via my PM number) works for other services such as my bank and credit card, but does not seem to work for WhatsApp.

1) Anyone noticed the same problem with WhatsApp?

2) Is this a WhatsApp-PM problem or a more generalized WhatsApp-VoiceMailBox problem?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@fmongeau1  Check here for the question you posted before , and the solution you where given 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/331905

Need Help? Let's chat.