cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the 500 one-time Int'l LD bonus 0 / 500 MIN?

yanxi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I saw 500 one-time Int'l LD bonus 0 / 500 MIN in my account. What's it? Is it 500 minutes international call?

I also bought a 200 min US and Canada Long Distance add on. If I use up my minutes in the plan, which add on minutes will be used?

What's my monthly plan period? Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

@becks- Those minutes only work while in Canada. To use Public in the US you need the roaming add-ons for talk, data and outbound texts.

becks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To clarify if I was going to purchase a US plan for my trip but I have those 500 LD minutes as a gift do I need the plan if I only intended on making calls?

Marrida22

Hi there, 

My case is simple. I just accepted the 500 mins. L/D call gift from your company. I plan to make calls to Hong Kong long distance. Q 1: does the 500 mins. L/D call cover the cost? Q2: if yes, for Q1, I can call directly to HK then without having to first call another phone line like the way I'm using my calling card now? 

yanxi

Thank you all!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Really sweet score from PM and will help you with any minute crunches, especially if you have the $15 plan

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@yanxi 

The pay before date February 23rd (as above) is day 1 of the new 30 day cycle. The minute counter resets at midnight eastern (Feb 22nd>>Feb 23rd).

What plan do you have? $10 50/50 plan(now $13?), $15 plan>>100 minutes(old=in/out) or $15 plan>> 100 outgoing minutes(new=unlimited incoming)? You may have the old $15 plan if you do schedule a change plan on next renewal to the new $15 plan.

When your 100 minutes are depleted after you get the 10 minutes remaining text the add on minutes the system chooses to deplete next is YMMV. But it should be the 200 US/Canada minutes value wise but it may choose the 500min holiday gift international minutes because it was free rather than purchased. Follow @dust2dust 's advice in this regard.

Keep in mind the $5/500min Canada wide calling add on is the best value at $0.01/min compared to the 200min add on=$0.04/min and the holiday gift add on=up to $0.05/min. You may want to purchase the $5/500min add on and save the others for their higher value purposes.

Warning! You are on the rewards program. DO NOT JOIN PUBLIC POINTS!!

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Payment due before means that the NEW term starts on that date. The OLD term ends 11:59pm eastern of that day before.

If you have the current $15 plan then incoming is unlimited. You only use minutes outgoing.

They stay with you until you use them all. Your account has to be active to use.

yanxi

So in this picture, will the new minutes be added on 23rd or 24th? Thank you very much!

If someone calls me, and minutes exceed the minutes in my plan, the 200 min US and Canada Long Distance will deplete first, and when it's used up, the 500 one-time Int'l LD bonus 0 / 500 MIN will be used, and they never expire? Thank you very much!

Overview page, Payment due before date

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

Pa

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@yanxi   Top left of overview page under Available Funds.

yanxi

Where in my account can I see the beginning of the cycle? Thank you very much!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The 500 minutes is likely a previous freebie from here. It can call a limited number of countries plus the US and even Canada.

How long ago did you buy that 200 minute add-on?

The system SHOULD draw from the 200 minute first only because it's limited to the two countries. But when you get the 10 minute warning text then keep a close eye on which gets hit next. If it goes to the 500 minute one then contact the support people to make it come out of the 200 minute one to save the 500 minute for any international calling. Then when you finish the 200 then it will use the 500.

Adding - and, your 30 days will show up top as the pay before date or the date given dialing 611.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@yanxi    Your monthly plan is whatever you activated your account with and separate from the add-ons that you've purchased.  The add-ons remain on the account until depleted unlike the plan which resets every 30 days on renewal.

The 500 minutes are for calling anywhere in Canada and is for plans with limited mins like the $15 plan.  I see the following add-on for 500 LD minutes and can only be used to call those countries mentioned:

500 China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau Long Distance Minutes   $15

edit:  you will use the domestic add on after depleting the plan minutes.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@yanxi the 500 LD minutes are the Long Distance  bonus you got from PM In December.   They can be used to call selected countries.  Technically they can be used to call CANADA and US 

For your monthly plan cycle,  PM is on 30 days cycle.   Check your My Account, the Amount due date is the beginning of your next cycle.   Again, PM is 30 days cycle, so, the cycle start date will shift 

Need Help? Let's chat.