cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is The Process Switching From One Phone to the Other

Let-In
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My current phone has stopped working and I have purchased one of Public Mobile's refurbished phones and is awaiting delivery. Once I receive the new phone what do I need to do? Should I simply switch the SIM Card from the old phone to the new or the process includes other steps?

Look forward to your response.

With thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

Let-In

@softech, yes, I have already done that.

Thanks again.

@Let-In   glad to hear that.  

Still, open a ticket with PM Support and ask them to ship you one back.  it is always good to keep a spare one around, just in case  🙂

Let-In

@softech thank you for your response and yes, you are correct there was an outer frame, once I took it off the SIM fits, so it's all good now.

THANKS AGAIN & TO ALL THE OTHERS IN THE COMMUNITY WHO CONTRIBUTED! 🙂

Let-In

Hey,

Thanks for your advice on this. I am switching from a Samsung s5 to a Samsung Galaxy A13.

I got the Samsung Galaxy A13 today, however it comes without a SIM & the one in my old s5 is too big to fit into it unfortunately.

@Let-In you can certainly ask PM to send you back a new one, but it could take them as many as 3 weeks for delivery. 

I suggest you to get one from Telus or Koodo store and ask PM support to just reimburse the cost instead of taking the chance of a 3 weeks delivery..

Another thing, you sure your current one does not have a outer "frame" you can remove and make it the smaller size?? 

To open ticket with PM support:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Let-In

Good Afternoon,

I received the refurbish phone today from Public Mobile, however the phone did not come with a SIM & the SIM in my old phone is not compatible (it's too big). I thought the refurbish phone would come with a SIM? I have been without a phone for almost a week, what do I do now?

Let-In

Thank you!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Let-In   when you get your new "refurbished" phone, when you power it up, it will ask you to set it up right a way, so there is no option to factory reset. 

As of the sim card, most phone in the last 5 or 6 years are using mostly nano sim card.  So, you should be able to just swap the sim card from one phone to another.  Depends on your phone, some phone will give you a choice to do a Transfer phone easily either with cable or with Cloud backup.  So, just follow the steps

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Let-In 

when you received do Factory Reset to clean everything.

your SIM card fits most phones as it’s a Standard, Micro and Nano SIM card all rolled into one, simply remove the SIM card in the size that fits and insert it into on new phone.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Let-In 

Your account is all stored in the SIM. Hopefully both phones used the nano size SIM. If not, you can probably grab a spacer at your local Telus/Koodo store at no charge since they probably throw them away.

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

simply move the sim card to new phone then reboot new phone  done

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Let us know what the old phone is and what the new phone is...we can, then tell which size sim frame you'll need.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Move SIM from old to new phone. Reboot new phone. Verify APN settings. 

What kind of phone is the from/to.  RE: Transfer of contacts. 

Need Help? Let's chat.