cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your reasons for staying with PM?

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There are other carriers offering seemingly much better deals, especially during the holiday seasons.  Many left and many stayed, what are your reasons for staying?

Mine

1. Worry free – it is prepaid, you can’t use what you did not pay.
  2. Add-on plan, specifically the long-distance add-on - one time and never expire.  For occasionally long-distance calls, no need to go for a costly monthly plan or worry for huge bills for occasional calls.  No carrier, first tier or third tier, but PM, offers this option.
  3. Rewards – thought new public points system is not as good as the old legacy system, you do get reward points for staying with PM.
  4. Generous yearly long-distance and data bonuses.
  5. Self-serve and community support – active support from PM users, though sometimes you get so many “duplicated” helps.  Admittedly, if you rely on speaking on someone to solve your problem, PM is not for you and please find another carrier.
  6. Inexpensive used phone(??).
9 REPLIES 9

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

People bitch about PM just because it's in their nature --- but so far NO-ONE can find a better all around basic plan then PM 3G $15 plan. Actually, PM $15 plan costs less than $15 because a discount is applied (3x Points-back earn $2.25/mo in pts value) each time a payment is made. 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You should compare apples with apples.   This LUCKY / Bell $15 you posted (why post competitor plans on PM forum anyways) ----Is not even close to PM $15 plan.

Among other restrictions and limitations this $15 Lucky plan is limited to 250 mb data and does not even allow data add ons.

PS --Actually, PM $15 plan costs less than $15 because a discount is applied (3x Points-back earn $2.25/mo in pts value) each time a payment is made. 

DW724
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Simply for the savings. That’s it. A bad overall service otherwise.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@tzliu   Yep, ditto for all your points listed from 1-4 and a maybe for 5-6.. 😊

@Meow wrote:

Please name ONE, just ONE provider where I can have basic plan for $15 including unlimited in/out SMS and incoming calls?

Lucky. 

F8A7C9A8-6456-4E70-B388-128B1394412E.jpeg

It’s called competition!

qthcr73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm a Telus retiree, and I was on their 'employee discount' plan which was not a bad deal - unlimited 20 GB data, minutes and text messaging. Problem was I would never get close to using 20 GB, I usually don't use more than 2 or 3 and Telus doesn't offer any smaller plans. So I was paying for a bunch of data I never use. 

PM offers what I need and with the points I'm still paying significantly less. 

I like the community support system. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Please name ONE, just ONE provider where I can have basic plan for $15 including unlimited in/out SMS and incoming calls?

And instead of paying $15 to pay $13 or 12 or 11/30 days depending on how many years you are with it?

JUST ONE... I do not care for data at all so 250MB works for me; not counting bonuses...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tzliu I think PM still has big advantage on the lower priced plan.  Together with the rewards, the price is really nice unbeatable.  Yes, support is an issue to some.  But usually, once account is setup, there is not really much support needed for the majority 

but yes, Autopay failure is a big problem, especially it is a prepaid service

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@tzliu  Low cost plans perks rewards and of course the community 

Need Help? Let's chat.