cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to receiving calls or texts

chansimons2007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can call out and I can text out, but incoming calls go to voicemail and incoming texts are not getting to me.

Help!

13 REPLIES 13

@chansimons2007  By resetting the account is what would reprovision  the SIM card also 

chansimons2007

I did find an old device and put it in there then all the messages started flooding in. They reset the account settings and that may have helped.

chansimons2007

Thanks for sharing the number...very handy.

chansimons2007

They reset the account settings and that may have helped.

@chansimons2007  Was most likely a provisioning issue and by putting in another device can force it to provision properly, glad it’s all working we happy it’s working for you finally 🙂

chansimons2007

Hey everyone, after calling Telus and calling PM porting agent, I messaged CSAgent. It was about to be escalated when I found an old phone, put the sim in there, turned it on then all the messages and VM came in. I then had to put the sim back in the intended phone and it started working.  I did take the sim out several times prior to this and put it back in, but still did not work. It was not until I put it in the other phone, turned it on then put it back in the intended phone, it started working. Not sure if any of that had anything to do it, but it works now.

@chansimons2007  Did you reboot the phone , trey resetting networks setting finally maybe try SIM card in another phone and see if services work otherwise this could be a provision issue also I which case you will need support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

A stuck port should not affect incoming texts (incoming calls, yes) @chansimons2007 .

What troubleshooting have you tried? Try:

• restart your phone
  • toggle into and out of airplane mode
  • remove the SIM card and try it into another phone to see it if works
  • perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings

Do you have a phone that is registered under a different number? The deregister it, and set up the new number.

chansimons2007

I did get the message and replied YES

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@chansimons2007  Additional info on porting number 

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@chansimons2007  did you just joined and ported in your number. Sound to me is a stuck port   ( You said in your another post about someone referred your , so, it was very recent?)

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@chansimons2007  Did you just port number to PM and miss the text ? If so there a number to talk to live support will send you private message 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you PORT your number recently?????

Need Help? Let's chat.