cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Western Canada Network Outage, August 19, 2024

For discussion about network issues in Western Canada that started on August 19, 2024, please continue the conversation in this thread.

237 REPLIES 237

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

the Telus outage page is now saying Western Canada

slusagm_0-1724089153046.png

RachelleDueck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Also cannot make or receive calls. Callers get a message that the number is not in service. But can send and receive text messages. Saskatoon area.

Gigi121
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

problem with voice in Okotoks too

slusagm

@hwat wrote:

I am not personally having issues but most I know are.  A friend on Koodo is also affected.

yes, it is an overall Telus issue and affect all 3 Telus brands.

and it is true that not everyone in those provinces are affected, only some accounts

hwat

I am not personally having issues but most I know are.  A friend on Koodo is also affected.

DE6

Hello CS agent

i submitted a ticket, but could not provide any description.

I cannot process any phone calls with my 2 public Mobil accounts. They have both different name/ emails etc. So completely separate.  I did restart my cell phones multiple times. I wanted to send a message to CS_agent but the email doesn’t find the user.

can someone contact me please asap.

thank you 

I'm located in the interior of BC and have full service. I do see outages reported at the coast as well as network upsets in parts of northern Alberta.

slusagm

@clal @Kyle16 

look like a widespread outage for AB, SK and BC

Andy85

@Spleenless wrote:

Hello this morning my son and I (who use public mobile) cannot make calls out. Calls can come in but we cannot call out. We have restarted our cells to no success. Is there an outage somewhere or what is the issue?

thanks Spleenless

Hi @Spleenless

Yes, it appears as though there is an outage in the western region of Canada. I'm hoping it doesn't last too long for you and that the service resumes for PM clients who are affected!

Andy85

@clal wrote:

I can not call out or receive calls. 

Hi @clal

Yes, it appears as though there is an outage in the western region of Canada. I'm hoping it doesn't last too long for you. 

Andy85

@MaeMae wrote:

My phone can not make or receive calls

Hi @MaeMae

Yes, it appears as though there is an outage in the western region of Canada. I'm hoping it doesn't last too long for you. 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@claland @Kyle16 there seems to be an outage affecting western Canada. It seemed to be AB and BC but could also be in your region as well. Hang tight and hopefully they'll have this resolved soon

Kyle16

Having the same issue in Sask!

Kyle16

Can confirm that in addition to BC and Alberta, I'm having similar issues in Saskatchewan.

clal

Saskatchewan too. I can text, but no calling or receiving calls. 

Kyle16

I'm also in Regina and having the same problem. Looking at other posts in here, it looks like there are problems all across western Canada. Hope it gets fixed soon!

clal

I can not call out or receive calls. 

slusagm

is that a new account?  or existing account just doesn't have service today?

if existing account and you are in the West (BC/AB), there is a current a problem with voice calls

if new account, check if data works

MaeMae

My phone can not make or receive calls

Magignome2024

Screenshot_20240819-105751.jpg

 received this from Telus because I opted in for text messages into this matter

Sully1

Just got an update via SMS from Telus "We apologize for the service interruption you are experiencing. We have determined the root cause of the issue to be a system issue."

Ttran0109

I'm on 4G and my husband and son are on 5G. Maybe this is the issue.

slusagm

@Ttran0109 wrote:

I'm wondering if it is an general outage, everyone should have this issue. My husband and my son are with PM. They have no issue calling or receiving calls.

true.  I think it somehow tied with accounts as well.  Keep reboot the phone every hours and maybe it will suddenly work again.  and remember to update us 

Ttran0109

I'm wondering if it is an general outage, everyone should have this issue. My husband and my son are with PM. They have no issue calling or receiving calls.

@Spleenless 

It seems there are a lot of outages in Alta and BC.

Check in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

slusagm

yes , there is current problem with voice , especially with calling out

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Alberta-Voice-problem/td-p/1243328

you should let PM knows you are one of those affected as well.   Just open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Saffire0

Yes... this is what I received...
"Thanks for reporting this! I have checked and there is a general outage in the western area so right now our support team is working to resolve this asap. We apologie for the situation and we`ll let you know as soon as we have an update!"

Magignome2024

I am not able to call out at all, my mom at one point left a voicemail....then tried calling me again and it went through, thought the service was fixed so I tried calling out again and I am still not able to.  My son called me on my cell and it worked for him as well.  

My mom and kid both have samsung phones and my husband and I have ASUS Zenfones, no idea if that matters or not, but I find it very odd.  

Need Help? Let's chat.