cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well that did not last long. System issue with $35 dollar promo plan

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So what happened is I checked my payment for next month and it showed $10. I checked and it showed that I was on the promo plan but also that I got $20 credit for next month that reduced it down to $10 including tax.

I did not want to publiceze  this as I knew it was going to get revoked if it was found out so I thought if they where not going to catch this in time I would benefit. Well they did obliviously catch it and took away that $20 so it is now back to showing what it should be. I am kinda disappointed at this because even if it was just for one month that would be hughley awesome in my boost of morale in PM. But I also knew that this was way too good to be true and do not expect to get that.

EDIT to add: Now it shows that my promo plan that I checked this morning was 2/15 is now back at 1/15. Another example of system issues

But what this highlights though, is not my disappointment in not getting the extra $20 off, but how bad Public mobile's system is. How can this even happen for a moment? If this was truly merged in the background with telus support like I was told before then this is unacceptable. If it's because PM is still separate that I can understand that mistakes happen and not having the resources needed to prevent this from happening (IE Telus not investing enough in PM to resolve issues like this) 

I know it is there right to remove the ill gotten extra $20 but that also does not mean I cannot still be disappointed.

13 REPLIES 13

Aiden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That’s so odd on your end

This post shows double $20 credit as well but is based on renewal so they got charged full amount with the $20 credit for month 1 remaining.

Then their upcoming payment showed 2x$20 credit ($20 from current renewal that was not used and $20 for upcoming renewal)

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-20gb-plan-35-15-months-new-existing-customers-only-plu...

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks @brettster99 .

My renewal is due on the 19th but I'm wanting to do an immediate plan change later on the 18th to take advantage of the promotion, given that the scheduling a plan change isn't likely to go through with the discount. Hopefully the rewards will be applied on the 20th.

brettster99

@mitchnet12 

Yeah, I did not get the rewards I would have gotten otherwise when I changed immediately. My upcoming renewal is on Dec 26, so I will be able to tell you then if the renewal of this works. But yes your interpretation is correct that they would not get applied until the cycle ends after changing plan immediately 

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@brettster99  I missed this update. Thank you for sharing your ongoing experience with the promotion.

I was wondering if you have seen an interruption with your old system rewards. My interpretation is that if I were to change a plan early that rewards would not be applied to my account until the actual 30 day cycle, but the article reads funny. How was your experience with your rewards?

Change Your Plan article

buildingbid
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I guess it shouldn't be too surprising when you look up public mobiles reviews.

brettster99

I mean that would be way cheaper then by $25 dollar plan XD. And I would get unlimted everything and 20GB of 4G data for roughly $1 more then the $15 dollar plan XD @JK8 

@brettster99 wrote:

I still have the promo plan @JK8  I just gotten an extra $20 to bring the discounted $55 dollar plan down to $10

Okay, thanks for the explanation. That would have been a hell of a good deal.

Metal1967

@brettster99  Messed up promo.. big time..

brettster99

I still have the promo plan @JK8  I just gotten an extra $20 to bring the discounted $55 dollar plan down to $10

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 @Metal1967 

Is the 15 GB plan for $40 still available in self service? That would still be a great deal.

brettster99

@Metal1967  No, I still got the promo plan at $35. It's just they gave me an extra $20 off for next month as a credit but then removed it. But i still have the promo plan

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes mistake happened. 

Metal1967

@brettster99  Roll the dice .. take your chances on that promo.. I lost too.. was worth a try tho

Need Help? Let's chat.